Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    jojospencer

Catholic Workers

Does anyone know of people in Sonoma County associated with the Catholic Worker movement?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: Catholic Workers

JoJo,

None that I know of. And I've been active or semi-active on the Left in SonomaCo for ten years.

I had a very loose association, in that I know people who knew people in the Catholic Worker house in Chicago back in the nineties.

Try asking at the P&J Center, if anyone knows they will. But I think you're out of luck.

Now, if you're looking for self-righteous, right-wing libertarian trolls, there are several who have come and gone on this board in the last year or so. One that just showed up last night. I can definitely point you in the "right" direction there!?

"Mad" Miles

3. TopTop #3
    Dixon

Re: Catholic Workers

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jojospencer: View Post
    Does anyone know of people in Sonoma County associated with the Catholic Worker movement?
    The last I knew, the free kitchen that serves food to the hungry in the Railroad Square area was called the Catholic Workers' Kitchen, so maybe it's affiliated with this group you seek.

A glance into my local phone book gives several numbers for different aspects of "Catholic Charities", and one number for "The Catholic Worker".

Dixon