I posted a request on Wacco 3 weeks ago for info about work trade / WOOFing opportunities and of the replies I received (thanks to all), we ended up going to Emerald Earth, near Boonville, for a weekend work party that weekend. They let us stay for another couple of weeks afterwards as it is crunch time approaching the end of summer, although their normal work trade arrangements are for longer, as understandably a certain amount of collective and individual energy goes into showing us around. I wrote a post on my blog about Emerald Earth, to which I kindly invite you to read if you have the time and the inclination. Part 2, which goes into more detail about what I got up to, will follow soon.

They are having another work party THIS WEEKEND - October 11/12 - read about them here, they're probably the best way to visit and give something at the same time as taking the experiences and knowledges, and meet some great people! I don't know what they're planning for the weekend, but I hazard a guess that it'll involve natural building techniques like cob and clay waddle.

They also do a series of workshops throughout the year, the last one this year will be 'Acorns For Food' on November 1st, with Donna D'Terra (a very apt surname). I was very sad to miss the cob oven making workshop, which was full, two weekends ago. More info here.