Hi!

I used to play tournament chess a lot when I was a teen in the seventies in Florida, and the bug has recently bitten me again. I googled chess clubs in Sonoma County and found none. (Actually I found 2, both defunct.)

My USCF rating is currently about 1566. I would like to think I'm better than that really but . . . don't we all want to think that about our ratings?

I'm looking for someone, or some people, to play and practice chess with once in a while. What I bring to the table is enthusiasm, a pleasant attitude, and one or two really cool chess books and magazines, and a pure love of the game. I like to play chess for fun and I like a good challenge. Age, gender, ethnicity, etc. I could care less.

So, if you are a tournament chess player (please be rated at least 1400) and you might like to get together every so often to play chess with a congenial and challenging opponent (and hey, if you're rated anything under 2000, don't underestimate me!), and/or if you know of a Sonoma County chess club that actually meets, please contact me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks!