Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    MsTerry

How to provoke!?

When you don't like what somebody says, the easiest way to discredit them is to stigmatize them and make it appear that they don't have any thing of value to offer.
    The Germans did it in WW2, they even made Jews, Gays and Gypsies wear stars on their clothing. That way everybody would know before getting to know a person that there was something 'wrong' with that person.
    The Bush administration does it (and denies that it does) with Arabs, Muslims and anybody different.
    Police do it with profiling.
    Now we have a local prominent person who feels it necessary to silence people who question authority.
    WHY?
    Well, once you become part of the establishment, you don't want your authority questioned. It becomes an issue of control.
    Isn't that provocative ?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Melodymama

Re: How to provoke!?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    When you don't like what somebody says, they easiest way to discredit them is to stigmatize them and make it appear that they don't have any thing of value to offer.
    The Germans did it in WW2, they even made Jews, Gays and Gypsies wear stars on their clothing. That way everybody would know before getting to know a person that there was something 'wrong' with that person.
    The Bush administration does it (and denies that it does) with Arabs, Muslims and anybody different.
    Police do it with profiling.
    Now we have a local prominent person who feels it necessary to silence people who question authority.
    WHY?
    Well, once you become part of the establishment, you don't want your authority questioned. It becomes an issue of control.
    Isn't that provocative ?
    Yes, and it usually comes from a place of basic insecurity, thus the need to use the cloak of the 'job' or position to hide the personal issues. The fear and defense that is provoked takes the attention away from the vulnerability of being a peer. To react in the way the provoker wants, the provokee is handing over any personal power or standing. I agree with Barry that to ignore those who use this as a game is wise. I usually ignore you and wonder what part of CONSCIOUS community you are unclear on. I recently converted to the 'smile and encourage others; find the light and move toward it' cult of humans that I hope is growing. Good debate and fact sharing do not condescend. There is no committee deciding the bigger, better, smarter contest. We can keep our personal power and engage in clear and constructive discussion. Why waste time arguing with someone who, above all, just seems to love the act of arguing and belittling? What the world needs now is love, sweet love and respect for all. Laura

3. TopTop #3
    MsTerry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Melodymama who likes sincerity: View Post
    Yes, and it usually comes from a place of basic insecurity, thus the need to use the cloak of the 'job' or position to hide the personal issues. The fear and defense that is provoked takes the attention away from the vulnerability of being a peer. To react in the way the provoker wants, the provokee is handing over any personal power or standing. I agree with Barry that to ignore those who use this as a game is wise. I usually ignore you and wonder what part of CONSCIOUS community you are unclear on. I recently converted to the 'smile and encourage others; find the light and move toward it' cult of humans that I hope is growing. Good debate and fact sharing do not condescend. There is no committee deciding the bigger, better, smarter contest. We can keep our personal power and engage in clear and constructive discussion. Why waste time arguing with someone who, above all, just seems to love the act of arguing and belittling? What the world needs now is love, sweet love and respect for all. Laura
    Laura,
    If you want to ignore me as a personal decision, I don't see any problem with that.
    When the powers that be, write private emails to other members prohibiting them in essence to respond to me, when Barry tries to stigmatize me by publicly labeling me, (on a thread that was dominated by someone who was not exactly "conscious" ) something else is going on.
    Something is covered up when we start pointing the finger at someone else.

So far, I always considered Wacco to be progressive. A place where not only authority is being questioned, but also the ones who question authority!
    A lot of BS has been debunked here. Why? Because people like me stand up and say' "Hey, is that really true?"
    Is there any proof or is it something you wish it was?
    We have some great researchers here, and I have been corrected on occasion myself.
    That is the part of "CONSCIOUS", I do understood.

and FYI, I do got ThankYou emails, usually from people who don't post

4. TopTop #4
    Braggi

Laura,
    If you want to ignore me as a personal decision, I don't see any problem with that.
    When the powers that be, write private emails to other members prohibiting them in essence to respond to me, when Barry tries to stigmatize me by publicly labeling me, (on a thread that was dominated by someone who was not exactly "conscious" ) something else is going on. ...
    MsTerry, your posts so often purposefully irritate, inflame and disturb it's only fair that Barry, who is Waccobb.net owner, warns a relatively new poster about your proclivities. It's his responsibility to do so.

I agree that in this case he could have been a little less aggressive and a little more diplomatic since you were making some good points (in my opinion), but the fact is you've earned your reputation.

It's fair for new folks to receive warning about it.

-Jeff

5. TopTop #5
    Sonomamark

I am happy to chime in here, as someone who has never heard from any "powers that be" about you, MsTerry. In fact, the only reason I know what this thread is about is because quotes don't get squelched in other peoples' posts when you have someone on your Ignore list.

MsTerry, you like to think of yourself as an irritant, a radical, a gadfly. Actually, you're just irrelevant. You haven't said anything on this list of value since you showed up, and if history is a measure, you won't, until you finally do us the favor of going away. You're obviously just here for your own masturbatory purpose of drawing attention, and your capacity for analysis or realistic cognition is febrile. You offer nothing.

That's why you're on my ignore list. Because you are of absolutely no interest. It has nothing to do with anyone else, or any "conspiracy against you", as your delusions of grandeur seem to suggest.

Feel free to go away.

SM

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    MsTerry, your posts so often purposefully irritate, inflame and disturb it's only fair that Barry, who is Waccobb.net owner, warns a relatively new poster about your proclivities. It's his responsibility to do so.

I agree that in this case he could have been a little less aggressive and a little more diplomatic since you were making some good points (in my opinion), but the fact is you've earned your reputation.

-Jeff

6. TopTop #6
    MsTerry

Gee Jeff,

What should the warning be for you???

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi who is known for smoking pot: View Post

-Jeff

7. TopTop #7
    MsTerry

LMAO
    It never surprises me how people are able to say things they contradict in the same sentence.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sonomamark who can't figure out what truth is: View Post

That's why you're on my ignore list..

SM

8. TopTop #8
    Braggi

Gee Jeff,

I typically include warnings about me within my own posts.

-Jeff

9. TopTop #9
    MsTerry

Jeff
    Are you suggesting that we get a rating system for anybody who posts? or should Barry just single out people?
    Maybe we can identify some homos or black people too, that way it is all out on the table.
    We got to protect the people!
    And while we are at it, there are some womanizers on this board that need to be exposed, since they abuse their position for gratuitous sex

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post

-Jeff

10. TopTop #10
    MsTerry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sonomamark: View Post
    You haven't said anything on this list of value since you showed up,

MsTerry
    Expressed Gratitude: 331
    Received gratitude 181 times for 141 posts

11. TopTop #11
    MsTerry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi,who is known to smoke pot: View Post
    I typically include warnings about me within my own posts.

-Jeff
    Not Warnings Jeff, only disclaimers

12. TopTop #12
    Braggi

... Maybe we can identify some homos or black people too, that way it is all out on the table.
    And while we are at it, there are some womanizers on this board that need to be exposed, since they abuse their position for gratuitous sex
    OK, you got me. I'll confess.

I'm a homo of African descent (thought that was long enough ago I need to get a tan occasionally). I don't actually remember the abuse and I'm still waiting and hoping for the gratuitous sex.

Love and flowers,

-Jeff

13. TopTop #13
    Dynamique

Add him to the ever-so-handy IGNORE list!

Gee Jeff,

14. TopTop #14
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Thanks for demonstrating so clearly what people are objecting to.

Sara S.

Jeff
    Are you suggesting that we get a rating system for anybody who posts? or should Barry just single out people?
    Maybe we can identify some homos or black people too, that way it is all out on the table.
    Last edited by Sara S; 09-24-2008 at 10:56 AM.

15. TopTop #15
    MsTerry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    Thanks for demonstrating so clearly what people are objecting to.

Sara S.
    Thanks for your support Sara!
    Unless you are one of those women who loves to get some gratuitous and unwelcome advances by a superior, there is nothing funny about sexual harassment.
    Inappropriate Behavior is still Inappropriate Behavior
    It was no coincidence that Barry decided to label me in order to make it appear as if I am just a Provocateur Supreme, and therefore everything i wrote should be dismissed.
    If it wasn't for people like you, who have some ethical guidelines to navigate life, where would we turn?
    I hope we'll see you at the picnic, there'll be lots to talk about.............