Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: short digests
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    bananaleaf

short digests

Hi Barry

Still only getting partial digests. Tonight I couldn't get past the title of New Radio programs.. will not go there is I click on the thread or run the slder down. arrgh
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    meherc
    Supporting member

Re: short digests

This is happening to me too. And if I rest the cursor on the title of the post, the word "fred" pops up. Is this a sign?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bananaleaf: View Post
    Hi Barry

Still only getting partial digests. Tonight I couldn't get past the title of New Radio programs.. will not go there is I click on the thread or run the slder down. arrgh
    Last edited by Barry; 09-13-2008 at 11:01 AM.
    Marilyn Meshak Herczog, EA

3. TopTop #3
    Melodymama

Hey, Barry or appropriate designee

This is the second day in a row that my digest has ended in the middle of itself. Today it was just before HELP WANTED section. Laura

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Hey, Barry or appropriate designee

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Melodymama: View Post
    This is the second day in a row that my digest has ended in the middle of itself. Today it was just before HELP WANTED section. Laura
    A few people have reported this, but my digest seems fine.

It is because of this issue, along with several others related to the length of the digest, I have decided to remove the body of the posts from the digest, and instead have the table of contents in the digest link directly to the post on website. The digest will still be available in scrollable form on the website.

These changes will appear incrementally, beginning with the Digest being available on the website sometime in October. Please bare with with us.

5. TopTop #5
    psaltz

>> . . . I have decided to remove the body of the posts from the digest, and instead have the table of contents in the digest link directly to the post on website. . .

I would much prefer it if you could remove the graphics, ads, and skin, and send just the text digest. I am low income, apparently live in a DSL-free area (north Windsor), and have only a 56k connection. It usually takes longer to download the Wacco digest than it does all my other 50-some emails.

> > . . . Please bare with with us. . .

Is this an invitation to a nude Wacco party? A sauna? with with us?

6. TopTop #6
    lanamac3

How are the changes going? I can't get from my email to the posting to read it. I just get the index and then half way down it disappears. If I watch carefully, I can see where I am getting redirected to a new window, the email WACCO/Daily Digest banner flashes and then poof! empty screen........ it's a bummer as it's usually only the missing ones I want to look at (for sale/wanted/services/free)...... thanks, LanaMac3

7. TopTop #7
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Bummer!

I expect we'll get the digest on the website next week. It will probably evolve from just a copy of the current digest to a more flexible option over time.

Regarding your problem, I image it has something to do with the comcast email reader. Rather that trying to diagnose that, please bear with us for a bit....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lanamac3: View Post
    How are the changes going? I can't get from my email to the posting to read it. I just get the index and then half way down it disappears. If I watch carefully, I can see where I am getting redirected to a new window, the email WACCO/Daily Digest banner flashes and then poof! empty screen........ it's a bummer as it's usually only the missing ones I want to look at (for sale/wanted/services/free)...... thanks, LanaMac3
    Last edited by Barry; 10-15-2008 at 11:05 AM.