Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    SharonMaser

ringing in my ear

Hello,
    I have been experiencing a ringing in my ears recently, especially when I am tired. Does anyone know of a healer who might deal with this? a friend said they had a similar problem and went to a homeopathist.. can you reccommend one?
    Thanks,
    Sharon
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    erinsheff

Re: ringing in my ear

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SharonMaser:
    Hello,
    I have been experiencing a ringing in my ears recently, especially when I am tired. Does anyone know of a healer who might deal with this? a friend said they had a similar problem and went to a homeopathist.. can you reccommend one?
    Thanks,
    Sharon
    Sharon:

This is probably tinnitus. I have experienced it for years. My research, my ENT and audiologist says there's no cure. Mine seems to come and go, with no discernable cause. For me, living with it just takes the right attutude. Let me know if I can be of help.

Erin

3. TopTop #3
    elizabliss

Officially there is no cure for tinnitus. I too have lived with it for years now. Cut out alcohol, caffeine and nicotine and many times this will drastically reduce the ringing, other than that such herbs as Gotu Kola and Ginko Biloba which increase the blood flow to the upper extremeties can help a great amount. I haven't heard of any homeopathic treatments which have actually worked substantially for anyone...doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Good Luck,
    Keep Well.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SharonMaser:
    Hello,
    Thanks,
    Sharon

4. TopTop #4
    rhonda741

We just completed a DVD interviewing 9 people who had the same conditions: ringing in the ear (Tinnitus), IBS, projectile vomiting, headaches, spinning room. THEY ALL found their answer through Upper Cervical Care. Marin county has some good Upper Cervical doctors. You can find a list on the Links page of www.UpperCervicalAdvocates.com . The DVD "Health Talk II" is available in the catalog there, also.

Bless you. I believe this is your answer! There is Hope! Rhonda

Quote Posted in reply to the post by elizabliss: View Post
    Officially there is no cure for tinnitus. I too have lived with it for years now. Cut out alcohol, caffeine and nicotine and many times this will drastically reduce the ringing, other than that such herbs as Gotu Kola and Ginko Biloba which increase the blood flow to the upper extremeties can help a great amount. I haven't heard of any homeopathic treatments which have actually worked substantially for anyone...doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Good Luck,
    Keep Well.

5. TopTop #5
    AmyC

Hello Community,

There are many modalities for healing. If anyone would like to explore a newly developed technique using the Destination Coach methods, I would be happy to help anyone with tinnitus resolve this issue. Please email me at: [email protected] for more information.

Go to: https://www.teloscenter.com for more information about Destination Coach work. I have been using this method to help people change their beliefs and heal for over 3 years. It WORKS!

All you need is to be willing to change.

;-)

Amy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rhonda741: View Post
    We just completed a DVD interviewing 9 people who had the same conditions: ringing in the ear (Tinnitus), IBS, projectile vomiting, headaches, spinning room. THEY ALL found their answer through Upper Cervical Care. Marin county has some good Upper Cervical doctors. You can find a list on the Links page of www.UpperCervicalAdvocates.com . The DVD "Health Talk II" is available in the catalog there, also.

Bless you. I believe this is your answer! There is Hope! Rhonda

6. TopTop #6
    rhonda741

You are so correct! There are many modalities for healing. Spiritual, mental & physical. The Upper Cervical techniques are physical since they have nothing to do with a patients mental belief or spiritual belief system. These doctors do a specific x-ray of the bones surrounding the brainstem, which controls every organ and body function in the body through the 7 trillion nerves connecting to the medulla oblongata.

They then analyze the position of the two bones in relation to the cranial axis point before correcting the misalignment, which reduces the nerve interference, allowing the symptoms to disappear and the body to heal over time. This produces health.

If you have people who do not respond to your modality, please refer them to an Upper Cervical doctor. My husband suffered for 12 years with intense pain (TN) and NO ONE ever referred him to someone else. This is why we now tell everyone we know about Upper Cervical science.

A passionate Upper Cervical advocate with no motive,
    Rhonda
    www.whattimetuesday.com
    www.UpperCervicalAdvocates.com

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AmyC: View Post
    Hello Community,

There are many modalities for healing. If anyone would like to explore a newly developed technique using the Destination Coach methods, I would be happy to help anyone with tinnitus resolve this issue. Please email me at: [email protected] for more information.

Go to: https://www.teloscenter.com for more information about Destination Coach work. I have been using this method to help people change their beliefs and heal for over 3 years. It WORKS!

All you need is to be willing to change.

;-)

Amy

7. TopTop #7
    Malene

Please be aware that no one on this board is a doctor, only a doctor can diagnose tinitus, and no self respecting doctor would do so on a message board.

I would start with an MD. It certainly sounds like tinitus, but it needs a doctor to confirm that.

When / if you get that dx you can look at whatever research is out there for help / support with tinitus. Follow the trail of information from people who has researched it - doctors who can actually tell you exactly what is happening in your body, people who has experienced it, and what they have used to work with it etc.

Your own beliefs will have a huge impact on which healing modalities works the best for you of course.

Although - I personally do not feel too good about healing modalities that requires "willingness to change" or "faith" in order to work. But that is just my prejudice - you go with your belief systems.

Malene

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SharonMaser: View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks,
    Sharon

8. TopTop #8
    don storm

Hello,
    Thanks,
    Sharon

Sharon,

I have the same problem and I take Ginkgo [ginkgo biloba] for it. It takes a few weeks to notice a difference. If I stop taking it it always comes back again..You can buy it at Rosemarys Garden or any vitamin store.

don storm

9. TopTop #9
    rhonda741

Hi! If you google "ringing in the ears" you usually find it is a prelude to Tinnitus or Meinere's Disease. We just filmed a DVD being shown on public TV in MI about these and other symptoms. We interviewed 9 people whose lives were devasted by all these symptoms until they found Upper Cervical Care. You can look at this DVD on our websites below, or view snippets about Upper Cervical by going to www.YOUTube.com and searchng "Upper Cervical, Tomasi" .

Please check this out, We are a non-profit charity. We want to reach people who've tried everything, like we did, and spare them years of lost family life.

Bless you,
    Rhonda Tomasi
    www.UpperCervicalAdvocates.com
    www.whatTimetuesday.com

Quote Posted in reply to the post by don storm: View Post
    Sharon,

I have the same problem and I take Ginkgo [ginkgo biloba] for it. It takes a few weeks to notice a difference. If I stop taking it it always comes back again..You can buy it at Rosemarys Garden or any vitamin store.

don storm

10. TopTop #10
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

I've had a great lessening of the racket by taking Lipo-Flavonoid; at some point in the past the condition was said to be (partly) a result of the aspirin I take daily.

Hello,
    Thanks,
    Sharon

11. TopTop #11
    bird

There can be many causes for tinitus. I had it very badly a few years ago before my adrenal failure was diagnosed. It is definitely a sign that your body is out of balance. I'm sure that there are natural remedies for tinitus, but you need to find out why you have it before treating (obviously).
    All the Best and Peace.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Malene: View Post
    Please be aware that no one on this board is a doctor, only a doctor can diagnose tinitus, and no self respecting doctor would do so on a message board.

I would start with an MD. It certainly sounds like tinitus, but it needs a doctor to confirm that.

When / if you get that dx you can look at whatever research is out there for help / support with tinitus. Follow the trail of information from people who has researched it - doctors who can actually tell you exactly what is happening in your body, people who has experienced it, and what they have used to work with it etc.

Your own beliefs will have a huge impact on which healing modalities works the best for you of course.

Although - I personally do not feel too good about healing modalities that requires "willingness to change" or "faith" in order to work. But that is just my prejudice - you go with your belief systems.

Malene

12. TopTop #12
    jonmagic

The ears are connected to the kidneys. There is nothing to say you have tinnitus, what you do have is weakened kidney energy, probably from cronict dehydration or a lack of electrilites.

Try this simple remedy before seeking more extream messures:

1/2 teaspoon grey sea salt or pink himalayan salt disolved in water when you wake up and again between 2 and 4 pm. these are the times that your kindeys most need electralites.

I would also check out the Dhyana center for more information on this imbalance.

13. TopTop #13
    phooph

Interesting you should mention this. When I was having a lot of back pain I was taking several pain killers and would cycle through aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen sodium so that I would be varying the effects on my body. I discovered that each one made my ears ring in a different tone.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    I've had a great lessening of the racket by taking Lipo-Flavonoid; at some point in the past the condition was said to be (partly) a result of the aspirin I take daily.

14. TopTop #14
    Braggi

Bullshit alert! The advice given in the post below is potentially dangerous.

Some people with hypertension develop ringing in the ears. If such people also take in relatively large doses of salt they could be asking for trouble.

BTW, the ears are connected to the kidneys? Sorry. Not in real medicine or in any other kind of reality unless you consider most of the head and trunk as the connective tissue.

-Jeff

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jonmagic: View Post
    The ears are connected to the kidneys. There is nothing to say you have tinnitus, what you do have is weakened kidney energy, probably from cronict dehydration or a lack of electrilites.

Try this simple remedy before seeking more extream messures:

1/2 teaspoon grey sea salt or pink himalayan salt disolved in water when you wake up and again between 2 and 4 pm. these are the times that your kindeys most need electralites.

I would also check out the Dhyana center for more information on this imbalance.

15. TopTop #15
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by phooph: View Post
    Interesting you should mention this. When I was having a lot of back pain I was taking several pain killers and would cycle through aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen sodium so that I would be varying the effects on my body. I discovered that each one made my ears ring in a different tone.
    Anyone taking aspirin or any other blood thinning analgesic should avoid ginko biloba or any blood thinning herb. Brain hemorrhages are no fun.

-Jeff

16. TopTop #16
    MsTerry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post

Some people with hypertension develop ringing in the ears. If such people also take in relatively large doses of salt they could be asking for trouble. .

-Jeff
    Bullshit alert!
    1/2 teaspoon is now considered a "relatively large dose"?????

17. TopTop #17
    alanora

I am figuring that amounts to the daily limit of consumption for one on restriction of sodium....usually 2-3 grams.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    Bullshit alert!
    1/2 teaspoon is now considered a "relatively large dose"?????

18. TopTop #18
    jonmagic

First off, table salt is not the same as sea salt, both have sodium but sodium only becomes dangerous when it is de-ionized by contact with metal or other chemicals.

So yes 1/2 teaspoon of table salt could negatively effect someone but not sea salt in this low of a dosage.

Also to call my recomendation dangerous and question 4,000 years of experiential knowlage of all eastern medical traditions linking the kidneys to the ears is unfair.

19. TopTop #19
    Braggi

I would start with an MD. It certainly sounds like tinitus, but it needs a doctor to confirm that. ...
    Malene, you don't know that no doctors are represented on this board. There could be several. I know of at least one.

Tinnitus means "ringing in the ears" so the person in question definitely has tinnitus, no doctor required. It is a symptom, not an illness just as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, sore throat or smelly feet are all symptoms.

Tinnitus can have many causes and tracking down the cause might require a real medical doctor. I'd choose an otorhynolaryngologist as they are the experts. (Ear, nose and throat doc.) I know of one in Santa Rosa I've had good luck with. He had no trouble recommending home treatments over pharmaceuticals (even without me mentioning my preference).

Theodore Olson, MD
    Ear Nose and Throat
    196 Sotoyome St.
    Santa Rosa, CA
    528-0565

-Jeff

20. TopTop #20
    Braggi

First off, table salt is not the same as sea salt, both have sodium but sodium only becomes dangerous when it is de-ionized by contact with metal or other chemicals.

So yes 1/2 teaspoon of table salt could negatively effect someone but not sea salt in this low of a dosage.

Also to call my recomendation dangerous and question 4,000 years of experiential knowlage of all eastern medical traditions linking the kidneys to the ears is unfair.
    Unfair? 4,000 year old nonsense isn't medical science. Table salt and sea salt are nearly identical. Both contain nearly the same amount of sodium, so yes, that could be dangerous to someone suffering effects of hypertension to the point they're experiencing tinnitus as a result. Note that this would be a vanishingly small per cent of the population, but adding salt by the teaspoonful to a typical American's diet which is already overloaded with salt could be ... dangerous.

Tinnitus is most likely caused by an ear infection but could also be caused by a brain tumor so treating the kidneys by adding salt to the diet is pretty nonsensical whether someone somewhere has been doing it for 4,000 years or not. Ear infections and brain tumors can cause disability or death and are best dealt with by modern science.

That's only fair.

-Jeff

21. TopTop #21
    Malene

The serious danger here is a bunch of non-professionals offering medical advice.

Some of the advice might work sometimes for some people. Some of it might only have placebo effects, none of it is specifically designed for the person who needs it. None of it is double checked by a professional for safety taking in the specific condition of the person who will use it.

All of it highly dangerous. The people who even think they can give medical advice without a license should consider liability laws. If anyone here giving advice does have some kind of medical license then I suggest getting a better liability insurance. Online advice to someone you havent seen in your office sure exposes you.

Go see a doctor - that would be my advice.

Malene

Hello,
    Thanks,
    Sharon

22. TopTop #22
    phooph

Having worked in two acupuncture clinics I have seen 4000 year old nonsense work after years of treatment with western medical "science" failed to bring about any resolution of the condition. Many patients were actually sent by their doctors after months and even years of applying western medical technology failed.

The western model of treatment sees the body as an assembly of parts and the eastern model sees it as an integrated system, which is why something that seems goofy to western medicine such as the ears being connected to the kidneys makes perfect sense. The ears are also connected to the hands and the feet, but then so is every other organ in the body in eastern medicine.

The National Institutes of Health researched acupuncture and decided that, well, it seems to work, but not understanding by way of western science how it works they have invented their own explanations of how and limited their acceptance of efficacy to pain control. Meanwhile, one of the most effective treatments for substance abuse is recognized to be acupuncture.
    And here is an article from the JAMA on the use of acupuncture to treat cocaine addiction. There's some blank space on this page so scroll down.

I think the greatest hope for fixing our broken medical system is what is known as integrative medicine which blends western and eastern modalities along with nutrition, herbalism, epigenetics, neuroimmunology, and a host of other wholistic approaches. Western medicine as it is now practiced is listed as the leading cause of preventable death in the US by the National Academy of Sciences.

PS: I was listening to an interview with cell biologist and former instructor at the University of Wisconson School of Medicine, Dr. Bruce Lipton, and a caller asked about some promising cancer treatment that had been working very well and suddenly disappeared. Dr. Lipton recounted a conversation he'd had with the head of one of the major pharmaceutical companies in which he'd been told that when a cancer drug worked too well it was taken off the market as a money loser. The capitalist model has not been good for medicine.

Unfair? 4,000 year old nonsense isn't medical science. Table salt and sea salt are nearly identical. Both contain nearly the same amount of sodium, so yes, that could be dangerous to someone suffering effects of hypertension to the point they're experiencing tinnitus as a result. Note that this would be a vanishingly small per cent of the population, but adding salt by the teaspoonful to a typical American's diet which is already overloaded with salt could be ... dangerous.

Tinnitus is most likely caused by an ear infection but could also be caused by a brain tumor so treating the kidneys by adding salt to the diet is pretty nonsensical whether someone somewhere has been doing it for 4,000 years or not. Ear infections and brain tumors can cause disability or death and are best dealt with by modern science.

That's only fair.

-Jeff

23. TopTop #23
    Malene

Jeff,

If a doctor went on to a message board and recommended treatments without seeing a patient in their office they would expose themselves to such a huge amount of liabilities that no doctor with 5 brain cells would dare to try.

I havent seen anyone claim to be a doctor on this thread. They wouldnt do that. Its not even ethical to treat someone on a message board like this.

*head shaking*. I highly doubt any doctors has posted to this thread. If they have, that would not ever be a doctor I would go to. I would think it would be a doctor in dire danger of losing their license as well.

Malene

Malene, you don't know that no doctors are represented on this board. There could be several. I know of at least one.

Tinnitus means "ringing in the ears" so the person in question definitely has tinnitus, no doctor required. It is a symptom, not an illness just as chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, sore throat or smelly feet are all symptoms.

Tinnitus can have many causes and tracking down the cause might require a real medical doctor. I'd choose an otorhynolaryngologist as they are the experts. (Ear, nose and throat doc.) I know of one in Santa Rosa I've had good luck with. He had no trouble recommending home treatments over pharmaceuticals (even without me mentioning my preference).

Theodore Olson, MD
    Ear Nose and Throat
    196 Sotoyome St.
    Santa Rosa, CA
    528-0565

-Jeff

24. TopTop #24
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by phooph: View Post
    ... when a cancer drug worked too well it was taken off the market as a money loser. The capitalist model has not been good for medicine.
    Any cancer drug that works at all is put on a pedestal with a sky high price. What you are saying makes no sense, capitalist or otherwise.

There is not too little cancer in the world. There is too much, and, what wonder drug promoters usually forget, cancer isn't a single illness but a category of many illnesses with many causes. It's unlikely any single treatment will ever cure more than a few types of cancer.

The rest of your post is filled with misinformation and many incorrect assumptions but I don't have time to disassemble it right now.

The reason "integrative" medicine is becoming more popular is because people come out of treatments more satisfied that they've been seen and heard. I have no problem with that and I agree there is healing potential there. However, let's be honest about what treatments work based on science and what treatments are placebo.

Just because a belief is old doesn't mean it's correct. In fact, older beliefs usually fall when scrutinized by open minded researchers. That's not bad. That's good. It's called progress.

-Jeff

25. TopTop #25
    Braggi

Jeff,

If a doctor went on to a message board and recommended treatments without seeing a patient in their office they would expose themselves to such a huge amount of liabilities that no doctor with 5 brain cells would dare to try. ...
    I see that you're arguing with me but I'm not sure what you're arguing about.

Doctors post to BBs. No problem with that. None have posted on this discussion, as far as I know, but there would be no threat to a license if one did. Doctors can post opinions and advice. I imagine most would say just what you did and what I did: so see a doctor.

Doctors are unlikely to propose treatments on line without seeing the person. OK? We agree. That said, Dr. Dean Edell offers professional medical advice on the radio quite regularly. It can be done.

-Jeff

26. TopTop #26
    phooph

Any cancer drug that works at all is put on a pedestal with a sky high price. What you are saying makes no sense, capitalist or otherwise.
    Any drug that works very well does not make as much money as a drug that works not so well. For instance there is the vine that grows in the Amazon that has long been used as a contraceptive by the native population. One dose renders a woman permanently sterile. Another plant reverses the effect and can cure sterility from other causes also. Neither of these plants create the side effects seen in birth control pills, IUDs and standard fertility treatments. These plants have been known to the drug industry since the 1950s but you will never see them on the market as there is little profit in a one dose drug.

There is not too little cancer in the world. There is too much, and, what wonder drug promoters usually forget, cancer isn't a single illness but a category of many illnesses with many causes. It's unlikely any single treatment will ever cure more than a few types of cancer.
    It is not about how much cancer there is in the world, but about how much money there is to be made. Drug companies are not in the business of healing people, but of making money and decisions are made based on revenue enhancement, not efficacy of the product.

The rest of your post is filled with misinformation and many incorrect assumptions but I don't have time to disassemble it right now.
    Your rebuttal is nothing but misinformation and ignorance of the facts. You have swallowed the cool-aid from the medical-industrial complex and real science and facts have been replaced by unsupported ideology.

The reason "integrative" medicine is becoming more popular is because people come out of treatments more satisfied that they've been seen and heard. I have no problem with that and I agree there is healing potential there. However, let's be honest about what treatments work based on science and what treatments are placebo.
    My feelings exactly but the industry does not concur.

Just because a belief is old doesn't mean it's correct. In fact, older beliefs usually fall when scrutinized by open minded researchers. That's not bad. That's good. It's called progress.

-Jeff
    And just because a belief is new doesn't mean it's correct either, and if the research is truly open minded it will sort the wheat from the chaff. Unfortunately vested interests in medicine are no different than vested interests in the energy business. If you knew the history of medicine a bit better than you seem to you would see the centuries of vested interests trying to protect or establish turf at the expense of patients. We think, for instance, that antibiotics are something new in the 20th century, but they were used 2000 years ago and pushed out along with other herbal medicines by the new and "more modern" allopathic physicians who treated patients with toxic metal salts. Do you have any idea how many modern pharmaceuticals are based on what was once considered folk medicine?

27. TopTop #27
    Dynamique

CLUELESS ALERT!

The ears are not physically connected to the kidneys, and that's not what the other person was saying, although if one is not familiar with accupuncture or other energy medicine, that could certainly be the interpretation. Personally, I'd never heard of a meridian influencing both the ear and the kidney, but the kidney influences plenty of meridians so it's possible. Incidentally, the gonads arise from the same primordial tissue as the kidneys and they are definitely connected, both physically and energetically. And the toes are connected via the peripheral nervous system to the genitals (some folks more than others)... but that's not exactly an accupuncture meridian!

Good balanced salts such as sea salt (sel gris) and pink salt which have a variety of electrolytes and minerals and actually reduce blood pressure. The standard allopathic "stay away from salt to reduce blood pressure" is a load of hooey. Ha! shows what you -- and allopaths -- *really* know.

Bullshit alert! The advice given in the post below is potentially dangerous.

Some people with hypertension develop ringing in the ears. If such people also take in relatively large doses of salt they could be asking for trouble.

BTW, the ears are connected to the kidneys? Sorry. Not in real medicine or in any other kind of reality unless you consider most of the head and trunk as the connective tissue.

-Jeff

28. TopTop #28
    Dixon

...to call my recomendation dangerous and question 4,000 years of experiential knowlage of all eastern medical traditions linking the kidneys to the ears is unfair.
    It's "unfair" to question your position? Hmmmm...sounds like closedmindedness to me.

Note that "experiential knowledge" (i.e., peoples' interpretations of the meaning of their experience) can always be mistaken. Questioning it is part of the process whereby we figure out which "knowledge" is mistaken and which is true.

Note also that some belief's having been around for 4000 years tells us nothing about whether it's true or false. Examples of false beliefs that have been around longer than 4000 years: the beliefs underlying sexism, racism, imperialism, etc. So if you think that the longevity of your favorite beliefs constitutes some evidence for their truth, think again.

Luckily, we have pretty good ways to separate the true 4000-year-old beliefs from the false ones: scientific studies. When you can give us references to well-designed and properly interpreted studies that support your claims, there will be reason to respect your belief.

Blessings!
    Dixon

29. TopTop #29
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dynamique: View Post
    CLUELESS ALERT!

The ears are not physically connected to the kidneys, and that's not what the other person was saying, although if one is not familiar with accupuncture or other energy medicine, that could certainly be the interpretation. ...
    Speak for yourself. I've had a girlfriend for the last 10 years who is an acupuncturist, chinese herbalist, administrator and teacher at a "college" of Chinese Medicine. You can imagine we've had some impressive conversations.

Actually, I don't think salt has much to do with high blood pressure anyway, so I'll concede that point, except for this: here's your patient Dr. Dynamique. Male in late 40s reports with ringing in the ears including low frequencies. The problem had been ongoing for over a year and had gotten worse in recent weeks.

What do you think? Kidney problem? Shall you prescribe sea salt and acupuncture? Chinese herbs? After all, the kidneys are connected to the ears and we've known that for 4,000 years. No?

The ear, nose and throat specialist took one look into the ear in question and declared, "Aspergillus nigra. You're growing mushrooms in there."

A few doses of an inexpensive, over the counter anti-fungal and the problem was banished. Hearing restored.

The point is this, as Malene has made so clear: if you have problems with your ears, go to a doctor. A real doctor. Problems with the ear can explode in short order. An ear infection can become a brain infection overnight. Fungal infections of the brain are fatal and it's a horrible way to go. I've seen pictures you don't want to see.

Tinnitus? Get thee to a doctor. A real doctor. An "allopath" or whatever you want to call them. Preferably one trained in a US medical school, although those are getting harder to find all the time.

"We" knew a lot of things 4,000 years ago that have been proven wrong. Knowing something for a long time doesn't make it right.

-Jeff

30. TopTop #30
    Dixon

The ears are connected to the kidneys.
    If I remember correctly from my studies of some years ago, the belief that the ears are connected to the kidneys is predicated upon the visual resemblance--notice that they're roughly the same shape! Of course, that's no reason to presume any other kind of connection, but the kind of thinking that presumes such a connection based on visual resemblance underlies a lot of "alternative" practices and other paranormal codswallop. Another example: astrology, in which the purported visual resemblance of a constellation to, for instance, a crab is claimed to be correlated with crablike personality traits, LOL!
    Dixon