Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Dark Shadows

Traps for Feral Cats

I heard that you could borrow traps for feral cats from some public agency - I don't know where or who to call. There is a cat in my yard left by a former tenant that needs to be trapped, vaccinated and spayed/neutered. He or she is very cute, has the biggest ears I've ever seen on a cat and grey and white. Unfortunately he/she was left by the former tenant. I have the other cat he left in my house and he is a wonderful pet, so loving and litter box trained too. This other cat is more wild, and I have stopped leaving food out for one of our cats that passed away, now I'm afraid this one will starve. I don't want to keep leaving food out because its probably going to mate if its not spayed. They were both very young when I moved in. Thanks.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    caretaker

Re: Traps for Feral Cats

This Is All Aboard Animal Rescue. please continue to leave food and water out, do not leave out after dark..

create a time the cat eats and leave water.. I have traps I will help you trap if you will after its fixed continue to feed so it doesnt starve. he will be good rodent patrol for you..

depending on where you live and how far away..

wont be able to help you until next week and must call forgotten felines they have great clinics for ferals they are the only group I use.

But for sure whether you feed the cat or not .. it will still have kittens it will just be more a starved mom unable to care for kittens, I took in a starved mom that had kittens 6 to be exact she weighed 4lbs, she was full grown..

we had to pull the kittens from her she was not in good shape after she had them..

she is now in great shape. but it took time.
    But not saying you will, but for me I wont fix any cats and put back that are going to starve to death.. it is a committment, but a worthwhile one.

you can email me and we can talk
    [email protected]

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dark Shadows: View Post
    I heard that you could borrow traps for feral cats from some public agency - I don't know where or who to call. There is a cat in my yard left by a former tenant that needs to be trapped, vaccinated and spayed/neutered. He or she is very cute, has the biggest ears I've ever seen on a cat and grey and white. Unfortunately he/she was left by the former tenant. I have the other cat he left in my house and he is a wonderful pet, so loving and litter box trained too. This other cat is more wild, and I have stopped leaving food out for one of our cats that passed away, now I'm afraid this one will starve. I don't want to keep leaving food out because its probably going to mate if its not spayed. They were both very young when I moved in. Thanks.

3. TopTop #3
    Malene

Yes - Forgotten Felines will help you with trap.

www.forgottenfelines.com

Malene

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dark Shadows: View Post

4. TopTop #4
    Veeja

I have a friend that wants a feral cat on his 7 acre property. He has 2 cats one 15 or so years old the other is'nt much for mice beside playing with them. He would like a fairly young cat that can get along with the other 2.
    707-332-3207