Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    hearthstone

Designing Lasting Peace - Updated.

DESIGNING A LASTING PEACE.

Knowing that every time of peace in human history ended in a war, what should "Peace on Earth" look like, so it would not result in a war again?

Unless we can answer this question, and unless we can unify and harmonize all the eventual answers in order to prevent any discrepancies in the answers to cause strife in real life all over again, we can never achieve real "Peace on Earth".

We should learn how to imagine, in as much detail as possible, what would constitute a real "Peace on Earth", and then, since we each have different concepts of the idea, we should learn how to constructively reconcile all our differences in a model (or by using any other expedient way, e. g. in "gedanken experiments", meditations, "think tanks", etc.) in order to arrive at a unified design of "Peace on Earth", because only one version of reality can manifest at a time--we have to ensure that this reality is one that is accepted by all of us who are to experience it; hence we have to "design" a reality in a model first, we have to see that we like it, and then we set out to materialize it coherently together cooperating closely and enthusiastically.
    The Earth can possibly have only one future--i. e.: only one future at a time can manifest itself a present, and we'd better design our future to our liking! Letting our future merely "happen" and hoping for the best has, so far, rarely resulted in any long term periods of time that everybody wold like!

Unifying of all the different ideas that we might have about the future of the Earth in a model would prevent conflicts from happening in real life, since, after all, wars happen because people go to war so that Peace happens their way.

The way of collectively designing of our collective future would differ from the usual way of constructing of our future by forever improving on our present, each of us hoping for their own version of reality to materialize--something clearly impossible, because the "version of reality" that we are all privately hoping for is, in many instances, unclear even to ourselves at many times; to hope that we, somehow, might arrive at a by all preferred reality is delusional.

So that we do indeed arrive at a reality that would be preferred by all, we have to first see (in a model) what it actually is that we, collectively, want! Unless we can agree on what it is that we collectively want, we would merely continue to strive for a reality that we would like to experience individually--and this would, of course, result in reconciling of our ideals in reality, with the accompanying suffering that we are all too familiar with: social and environmental degradation that happens only because we don't agree on what should be the best for all of us. In other words--instead of reconciling of our differences harmlessly in models (or by using any other expedient means), we let our differences to reconcile in real time/space causing real harm and grief.

The idea of modeling the future of the Earth is also presented, in more detail, at https://www.modelearth.org/modelearth.html .

MEDITATION:
    Find, or imagine that there is, a mental space in which all the ideas of what anyone might think that their future should look like would be reconciled with each other, so that conflicts in real life would be prevented from occurring.

N. B. !
    Over the ages people always desired a lasting peace; they prayed for it and imagined it continuously since time immemorial. "Peace" is a goal of many religions and many ideologies; the reason that, so far, no lasting peace in the world materialized yet is due to our (sometimes great) differences in what we mean when we say "peace on Earth". Since we do not have a unified, common idea of the concept, "peace on Earth" can never happen. Instead we always end up fighting for our version of "peace", and we wonder why any lasting "Peace on Earth" never really comes about.

CREDIT and DEDICATION

Thanks, Hearthstone.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    babaruss

Re: Designing Lasting Peace - Updated.

All the think tanks, and prayer circles, in this world will not bring about lasting peace.
    It's a nice idea, but hardly harmonious with the way nature unfolds.
    A mountain comes crashing down sweeping whole villages away...it's nothing personal, just the way of things.
    Tidal wave, monsoons, earthquakes, disease, you name it comes along again and again with an almost monotonous regularity to disturb our security and safety.
    No matter how many diseases we conquer yet another one pops up.
    No matter how many nations are pacified, another explodes in to warring factions.
    And despite national interests,, personal gain, and myriad other motives behind wars, the aftermath of war strengthens resolve, creates community, and generates all manner peaceful discovery.
    Peace, and complacency, have been the destruction of some very powerful nations/cultures. This particular occurrence has been ongoing since the beginning of recorded time.
    Perhaps we as a species are not sufficiently evolved to grasp that the process of chaos leading to peace, and peace leading back into chaos, is a never ending phenomenon (or should I say teaching method).
    I don't particularly like the fact this seems to be the way of all things, but I'm learning to accept it as fact, and spend my piddling time here on earth trying to unlearn my own destructive behaviors, patterns, etc.
    Only reason I bother doing this much is that I want peace and serenity within.
    This much I can do, whereas world peace, or even commmunity peace does not seem permanently possible.

Russ
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email