Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Best Veggies to buy Organic or not Organic

While I'm sure most, if not all all us would rather eat organic produce, we also need to consider the often significant premium we must pay for it.

So if you find yourself weighing whether to buy organic produce or not because of the price, one bit of information you can use is the list of which produce has the highest residual pesticides load after being washed/prepared as usual.

This of course does does not account for other factors that come into play, such as the affect on the environment, worker safety and fairness, etc.

You can find the list here: https://foodnews.org/walletguide.php along with a handy guide to the veggies you should avoid if not organic, and the ones that are safest if not organic.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nicofrog

Re: Best Veggies to buy Organic or not Organic

Thanks Barry; I buy both watch those strawberries! gotta be organic
    organic eggs taste better!
    Some Farmers are Transitional Its really important to shop farmers
    markets and ASK about sprays etc, It's very expensive to get organic certification, and any certification coming from mexico,is well....
    stretchy to say the least.These people need our support!
    I have been to farms in Mexico where they are using labor that is sketchy at best, something about the armed guards on the labor buses
    just didn't look right.
    Nico

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    While I'm sure most, if not all all us would rather eat organic produce, we also need to consider the often significant premium we must pay for it.

So if you find yourself weighing whether to buy organic produce or not because of the price, one bit of information you can use is the list of which produce has the highest residual pesticides load after being washed/prepared as usual.

This of course does does not account for other factors that come into play, such as the affect on the environment, worker safety and fairness, etc.

You can find the list here: https://foodnews.org/walletguide.php along with a handy guide to the veggies you should avoid if not organic, and the ones that are safest if not organic.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email