Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    jasonreed

West County Grill - Are they good for the community?

I recently had a meal at West County Grill in the old Lucy's location. I loved the old Lucy's, and then when they moved into the building where West County Grill now sits, I agree Lucy's just wasn't the same. I know that Lucy's was all local - is West County Grill the same? Anyone else been to West County Grill and have any thoughts to share on the food, service, value, sustainability?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Lenny

Re: West County Grill - Are they good for the community?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jasonreed: View Post
    I recently had a meal at West County Grill in the old Lucy's location. I loved the old Lucy's, and then when they moved into the building where West County Grill now sits, I agree Lucy's just wasn't the same. I know that Lucy's was all local - is West County Grill the same? Anyone else been to West County Grill and have any thoughts to share on the food, service, value, sustainability?
    OMG. Your post is fine, but your title scares me. Much more than

3. TopTop #3
    tommy

the W County Grill has been a dissapointment. I've been there a few times - it lacks the good vibes & hearty fare of Lucy's. I was looking forward to it, cuz I'd heard the owner or chef was the husband of somebody or other from Julia Child's or Chez Panisse. It's got some impersonal haughty attitude - kind of a Napa vibe. It's a bit pricey for what they put on the plate. One time I had to wait a rediculous amt of time for turned out to be a tasty lamb dish - they gave me a free glass of wine - there was so little going on & so few people in there that night, that the chef must have fallen asleep. I'm amazed they're still in business - they must have some deep pockets.

4. TopTop #4
    arthousefilms

I've never been to Lucy's but I was at West County a week ago and it was pretty darn good. I get what you're saying about the Napa vibe, but I gotta tell ya, the service was outstanding and the food was delicious. We had the asparagus pizza, the steak and potatoes dish, and pot de creme for dessert. It was a pretty pricey, but for a special occasion... I think it was a nice experience.

Kirk

5. TopTop #5
    Geni Houston

I agree with Lenny, your title really alarmed me.

I think they are great, the chicken is fab and they are evolving. Service in west county has always been a challenge as we don't have a professional wait pool to pull from (although we have some fantastic servers in various restaurants including WCG and would name them, but might accidentally leave one out)

As far as sustainability, this is not the place to ask - ask them - see and hear for yourself what they are doing in our community and their plans.

6. TopTop #6
    Kathleen Shaffer

I would like to add that they were very generous with a contribution to our Senior Center fund raiser, Aged To Perfection. When businesses help support community events, I will give them business - and their soups are great.

Kathleen Shaffer