Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Is not being able to see past your own culture shallow?

Over and over again I talk and observe people that can’t seem to get over themselves. Now it seems to me that this is harder to explain without hurting feelings over and over again. I have tried and I am going to try again and again.

I have a girlfriend that is a deadhead. I was telling her about other cultures and the way people are without any progress what so ever. Everything in her life reflects back to her traveling around the country in a VW van and following the dead. Nothing else in her life reflects past this. One of her favorite sayings is I really can’t believe I am going out with you; I have never dated anyone but my own kind! The never-ending saying of the dead is they cannot mate with others it is impossible! Shallow without knowing your are shallow is a gift!

I have never left this county, in all the time growing up I have maybe spent a max of six months in other places around the state, never even experiencing other cultures in other states, let alone other countries. But I am an expert on different cultures in our own community. I have been studying these way to long to not conceder myself and expert in this field.

Just with the people on this site there are probably twenty different cultures to put under the light. As I was trying to explain different cultures and how even people that are single parents have their own culture and deadheads and cops and pretty much every walk of life and their differences this lovely woman goes right back on talking about her own culture. Then she alwayz asks why I never talk to her…

IT really is no wonder so many religions sprouted in our early, more primitive life. Thousands! And for what reason, just a culture in which they lived breathed walked slept and ate, nothing more nothing less. Everything in our own society comes back to culture, and it’s really fun to watch! Studying these and seeing how people react to different, unfamiliar people is heartfelt and not only happy, but extremely difficult and challenging at times. No doubt this is where and how all the hatred and racism have evolved in our own true society in each and every one of us. All for fear on the unknown and dislikes and concerns those others where not exactly like us pretty much sums this up. Playing cowboyz and Indianz really screwed us up!

To live and breathe in one and only one culture has to be a shallow miserable existence and non-existence sheltered way of life? Not being able to see past your own culture is just to easy. Not trying to evolve is just too easy. Most people live and die by this rule. Most belong to a certain religion and no other religion is even *worth giving leeway or lenience towards. Such is life!

To see a culture come into play is a wondrous thing. Watching this evolution in progress is an awesome sight to say the least! I was working over in the upper valley in the Napa region some years ago and noticed an unfamiliar new extremely attractive breed walking and making its self know around town. Day after day of driving through Calistoga and Saint Helena, I started noticing SPaTalians as I started referring to them as. Spanish Italians were evolving right before my eyes. I drove by for five long years every workday just in awe… Wondering why? Just to piss their parents off? Just a true calling of the evolutionary chain in motion? Will they have their own religion someday soon? Being catholic and mixing breeds is unacceptable I have alwayz heard? What will they call this new culture and religion? Too much time to think I presume, ya?

Without having to say in this world with so many cultures, religions and breeds it’s no wonder no one can seem to find peace of mind. To Find their own true knack and still be pleased in this world is a mindset only available for the not so faint of heart. Those that want a simpler life tent to not want to see past their own true culture, but sometimes this is just soo miserable it in itself is heart wrenching and hard to take. Asking someone why they are so unhappy and to learn it is something so simple that can be changed just by adding a new friend on the other side of the tracks is hard to bare and harder not to laugh at. Cultures are being caged and bound by their own rules and sometimes they will become extinct because they cannot grow. In saying this I know that total cultures have been destroyed just by war, by disease and by pure inbreeding. But to destroy a culture from being pure shallow has to be the worst! Misery comes in all forms; a lot of the time misery evolves in the form of culture. Well In my opinion all misery comes from the form of culture. With the exception of pain brought on by severe trauma.

When you cannot see past your own culture you automatically, and most of the time without knowing this, assume you are better than others. For you cannot breed outside your own culture. But assuming you are better than others without even knowing you are doing it is shallow. So even if you do not know you are shallow you are and most people are this way and accuse others of being shallow. Keep this in mind next time you bump into someone unfamiliar at the grocery.

In my own world, I see all of you and all of your cultures and religions as different life forms and species. Trying to separate everyone and categorize each into his or her own species alwayz comes back to the same result. We are all the same. We should start acting like it! Try and see past your own culture and you will understand no one is alone!

This is an extremely important subject to me and I am wanting extreme and simple feedback on this if you have the time or a true thought please reply!

Last edited by mykil; 05-07-2008 at 11:53 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    MsTerry

Re: Is not being able to see past your own culture shallow?

Yes, in a way the melting pot idea sounds great, but it also takes away something unique. Just like globalization breaks down cultures and adds only sameness.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post

In my own world, I see all of you and all of your cultures and religions as different life forms and species. Trying to separate everyone and categorize each into his or her own species alwayz comes back to the same result. We are all the same. We should start acting like it! Try and see past your own culture and you will understand no one is alone!

This is an extremely important subject to me and I am wanting extreme and simple feedback on this if you have the time or a true thought please reply!

3. TopTop #3
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Oh not the melting pot in general. WE all know who we are. WE can break this down pretty simply by: race religion, region, weight, height, hair color, eye color, but In my opinion the most important part in right down to the exact second we were born. This goes without saying we are all as far apart as the eye can see, our own individualism goes without even attempting to forge. We are who we are, but yet we are all the same? Each culture assumes they are superior standing side by side to the next. The Catholic Church sits side by side with the Christian church in over half the small towns in the states. Same religion, different culture? I never did get that one. Why the need for two churches. Other side of the tracks I can presume? What church is better than the other? Who ranks supreme? When a junkie assumes he or she is better than you cause their dope is better where does this put us as a community? Why where they left behind to create such a culture and religion on their own? Who is to blame? Why must they assume responsibility to be better than each other even in their own twisted culture? Where does the pecking order step aside and just let people live and breath in each other’s own true nesting grounds? Is the nun better than the prostitute? If you ask each of them the same question, I am betting you get two completely different answers.

4. TopTop #4
    Lenny

Dude, give up the weed, get out of town, or better yet, the state, and find out what is out there. There's more to life than weed, pussy, and looking for "fun". OK, now hate me for

5. TopTop #5
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

I’m not sure I understand, the only thing missing right here is the Amish!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lenny: View Post
    Dude, give up the weed, get out of town, or better yet, the state, and find out what is out there. There's more to life than weed, pussy, and looking for "fun". OK, now hate me for

6. TopTop #6
    Lenny

I’m not sure I understand, the only thing missing right here is the Amish!
    Now, go to PA and visit the Amish. You called it. Go do it. And sorry for being so crude.
    PS: what's not to understand?

7. TopTop #7
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

OK then; Lenny you are going to have to try a little harder to hurt my feelins their little buddy! I am not sure what part of what you said in general was meant to make me feel sad so I re-read all you wrote and was still in wonder! Was it the part where you told me to quit smokin? Typical statement, I don’t smoke any more, I did start up last summer for about five minutes but quickly remembered why I just don’t do it anymore! Talk about a waste of time! But seriously if you wanna really hear what does happen to me when I go out of town go here. https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14335

Seems every living thing is a tad bit different this is for sure, no one has the same fingerprints. No one on this planet has the same genetic coding; the things I do prefer to see are the people when I do get out of town. The people along the US/ Canadian border are a little shorter and rounder and whiter this goes without saying. The peeps over on the east coast start to get a little taller, but I believe the tallest are in Southern Cali for sure! They sprout like weeds down yonder. Then you get over the Border and they are short again, what up with that?

Dietary supplements, breeding genetic markers over and over without intermingling different bloodlines some that go back thousands of years if not millions. Also work ethics do the job in separating and segregating individual species of man/woman kind. If none of you have noticed the brightest people around are mutts. Introducing new breeding lines is alwayz a good idea when it comes to making people stand out in their own true worlds. Mizz Terry doesn’t like the melting pot idea, yet by the time we get it right might be the time we evolve past these limitations we have set for ourselves as of now on this planet. We have to unlock our brains at some point in the near future and this is probably going to be what it takes. Inbreeding just slows us down.

Thinking as one with more clarity is going to be what it takes. I am a true believer in that we all have all the answers in each of us. Working as a collective without pure clarity as of now. WE won’t achieve clarity till we start to use this all mighty melting pot. And truly become one again.

Anyway for the lil’ Lenny please try harder to offend me, for you did not do a good job, didn’t even think you statements where remotely irritable what so ever soooo on with the show…

8. TopTop #8
    Valley Oak

Maybe there's a correlation between inbreeding cultures and racism, such as the KKK in the southern states?

Edward

Inbreeding just slows us down.

Thinking as one with more clarity is going to be what it takes. I am a true believer in that we all have all the answers in each of us. Working as a collective without pure clarity as of now. WE won’t achieve clarity till we start to use this all mighty melting pot. And truly become one again.

Anyway for the lil’ Lenny please try harder to offend me, for you did not do a good job, didn’t even think you statements where remotely irritable what so ever soooo on with the show…

9. TopTop #9
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

God; of course there is! Does anyone even read what I write, or is it mostly cause I just cannot express myself and translate properly illustrating my true thoughts and intentions in a written scroll?

Correlation is putting it calmly would you not say? Just the thought of not wanting someone’s daughter to marry or breed outside one’s own race is proof that each culture has evolved to its own species.

For sure we are all humans but there is sure are a lot of varieties of humans around. Each better than the rest goes without saying. Even when someone would assume they are not being racially prejudiced there is a true sense of being better than the person to your left or to your right or right in front of you. I can see this in every walk of life and it even gets shallower to some sense where as even in cultures we see ourselves as better than our friends, our family, even our traditions are better than our own teachers that have taught us the wayz in which we live.

I myself in a shallow state of mind would love to see us all evolve beyond what we have in the day and age. White pride or White Russians, Hindus, Black Panther mentalities, religious natures being supreme and superior does not cut it anymore. Protecting ones culture has to evolve past this state of mind. White black and browns all mixed in the melting pot might be what it takes to evolve to ones true being on this planet before we can gain the knowledge to become worthy of space travel or meet up with other cultures around our galaxy. One mind that thinks the same to speak for us all not that we don’t have that already, its just with what we got our true collective is a little angry and psycho to say the least.

Ever wonder why we arrived at this stage in our society? Why Roswell came about and we took on a little bit of new knowledge? Just a little boost to get us on the right track which we fell off of sooo friggin fast. I believe they are out there and that they are in no hurry to bring us around. They are waiting for us to all evolve past the mentalities we have evoked on ourselves so negative and unproductively in our free time. Never once even thinking about what the ultimate goal might be. Oh ya someone wrote up a few words in the bible that are suppose to make everything jest and put things in focus just to throw us off track but the true goal is still out there and probably right of schedule in someone err some other species eyes. Morning Ramble hope you like it!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    Maybe there's a correlation between inbreeding cultures and racism, such as the KKK in the southern states?

Edward

10. TopTop #10
    MsTerry

Hey Mykil, you're getting so stuffy.
    Aren't you getting any?

Why don't you join us, we are trying to help Braggi legalize some pot in Jamaica(in secret of course) in order to help Jesus get rid of some anchor babies.
    problem so far is that his Donkey won't take more than 12 steps at a time.
    Can you help us out?

Your true Love
    MsTerry

God; of course there is! Does anyone even read what I write, or is it mostly cause I just cannot express myself and translate properly illustrating my true thoughts and intentions in a written scroll?

Correlation is putting it calmly would you not say? Just the thought of not wanting someone’s daughter to marry or breed outside one’s own race is proof that each culture has evolved to its own species.

For sure we are all humans but there is sure are a lot of varieties of humans around. Each better than the rest goes without saying. Even when someone would assume they are not being racially prejudiced there is a true sense of being better than the person to your left or to your right or right in front of you. I can see this in every walk of life and it even gets shallower to some sense where as even in cultures we see ourselves as better than our friends, our family, even our traditions are better than our own teachers that have taught us the wayz in which we live.

I myself in a shallow state of mind would love to see us all evolve beyond what we have in the day and age. White pride or White Russians, Hindus, Black Panther mentalities, religious natures being supreme and superior does not cut it anymore. Protecting ones culture has to evolve past this state of mind. White black and browns all mixed in the melting pot might be what it takes to evolve to ones true being on this planet before we can gain the knowledge to become worthy of space travel or meet up with other cultures around our galaxy. One mind that thinks the same to speak for us all not that we don’t have that already, its just with what we got our true collective is a little angry and psycho to say the least.

Ever wonder why we arrived at this stage in our society? Why Roswell came about and we took on a little bit of new knowledge? Just a little boost to get us on the right track which we fell off of sooo friggin fast. I believe they are out there and that they are in no hurry to bring us around. They are waiting for us to all evolve past the mentalities we have evoked on ourselves so negative and unproductively in our free time. Never once even thinking about what the ultimate goal might be. Oh ya someone wrote up a few words in the bible that are suppose to make everything jest and put things in focus just to throw us off track but the true goal is still out there and probably right of schedule in someone err some other species eyes. Morning Ramble hope you like it!

11. TopTop #11
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

No one will join me in my quest for world domination!!!!! I swear all you ole folk wanna talk about it you Prozac and where to score some cheap weed!!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MsTerry: View Post
    Hey Mykil, you're getting so stuffy.
    Aren't you getting any?

Why don't you join us, we are trying to help Braggi legalize some pot in Jamaica(in secret of course) in order to help Jesus get rid of some anchor babies.
    problem so far is that his Donkey won't take more than 12 steps at a time.
    Can you help us out?

Your Love
    MsTerry

12. TopTop #12
    MsTerry

Do you think I can borrow some of your Ritalin?

No one will join me in my quest for world domination!!!!! I swear all you ole folk wanna talk about it you Prozac and where to score some cheap weed!!!

13. TopTop #13
    Lenny

Well, I agree with your friend, Tezor, in that link below. Seems like you got an education. Seems, from your initial post, you could use more. Cutting the cord and making it on your own seemed to me what you were wanting to do. I figured a good swift kick in the pants may motivate you. My bad. Either you are motivated to move on, as some old turkey can't do it for you. Reading your fist post is where I got that idea from.
    Oh, and I wasn't trying to make you feel sad. Just my language was crude and I thought it may make you angry. Not the bad kind of angry (OK, we all can drivel on for pages that there is no such thing as "good" anger) but motivated, with insight: get-off-your-ass-and-quit-whimpering-about-it type of anger. It's not your mommy's type of motivation.
    But I am glad you are thick skinned.

OK then; Lenny you are going to have to try a little harder to hurt my feelins their little buddy! I am not sure what part of what you said in general was meant to make me feel sad so I re-read all you wrote and was still in wonder! Was it the part where you told me to quit smokin? Typical statement, I don’t smoke any more, I did start up last summer for about five minutes but quickly remembered why I just don’t do it anymore! Talk about a waste of time! But seriously if you wanna really hear what does happen to me when I go out of town go here. https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14335

14. TopTop #14
    Lenny

See, there you go again! Wanting to dominate! Must be genetic, no?
    I know Louis Farakahan thinks so!
    How about if I support you in becoming your own government? Will that do?

15. TopTop #15
    Valley Oak

Mykil,

https://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/...nual-site.html

As a general response to this thread, I have a sincere and strong recommendation for you. Why don't you spend an entire summer traveling with Rainbow Family? They have a HUGE party every year in some beautiful, national park and it is hella fun and you meet ALL KINDS of people. There is a lot of cheer and love and camaraderie. Then, after the festival is over, which is normally from July 1st to 7th, many Rainbows huddle together like nomads in small or large groups and continue to travel around the United States, visiting other festivals like the Oregon Country Fair, or smaller Rainbow Gatherings held in different parts of the U.S. and other such events. My family went in the Summer of 2004 and it was a lot of fun and very memorable. We did not do the nomad thing but did consider it.

The way to do this would be to show up really early for the preparation phase of the gathering, let's say anytime in June. While helping the organizers there, you will meet a lot of very cool people you didn't existed and make a lot of new friends. When it ends around the 7th, there will be a bunch of folks or 'tribes' that will generously invite you to come along with them. You have the kind of personality that grows on people so will get lots of offers to travel. You can be on the road for as long as you want (until the end of July, end of August, it's up to you).

Think about it. It would be one of the most fabulous experiences in your life.

Best,

Edward

Over and over again I talk and observe people...
    Last edited by Valley Oak; 05-11-2008 at 02:29 PM.

16. TopTop #16
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Geez; I didn’t know I was such a burden in our little community, seems you guyz are really giving me the push on down the road. I think you are just jealous of me cause I am sooo dam cute!!!!

Moving around the countryside is not what I had in mind when I wrote this post, more on the lines of can we all learn to get along… If I where to move anywhere in would not be far. I love the hot waters in a small little community not too far away and as a matter of fact I am off and out the door now to do a little soak! PEACE! Oh and last one in the warm pool is a , well , hhmmm , just as little slow!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    Mykil,

https://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/...nual-site.html

As a general response to this thread, I have a sincere and strong recommendation for you. Why don't you spend an entire summer traveling with Rainbow Family? They have a HUGE party every year in some beautiful, national park and it is hella fun and you meet ALL KINDS of people. There is a lot of cheer and love and camaraderie. Then, after the festival is over, which is normally from July 1st to 7th, many Rainbows huddle together like nomads in small or large groups and continue to travel around the United States, visiting other festivals like the Oregon Country Fair, or smaller Rainbow Gatherings held in different parts of the U.S. and other such events. My family went in the Summer of 2004 and it was a lot of fun and very memorable. We did not do the nomad thing but did consider it.

The way to do this would be to show up really early for the preparation phase of the gathering, let's say anytime in June. While helping the organizers there, you will meet a lot of very cool people you didn't existed and make a lot of new friends. When it ends around the 7th, there will be a bunch of folks or 'tribes' that will generously invite you to come along with them. You have the kind of personality that grows on people so will get lots of offers to travel. You can be on the road for as long as you want (until the end of July, end of August, it's up to you).

Think about it. It would be one of the most fabulous experiences in your life.

Best,

Edward

17. TopTop #17
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Society today, can w evolve?

Let me ask all of you something, can you accurately characterize or challenge yourself to be aware between right and wrong in our times in todayz society? Do you know what to say and how to handle a situation that calls on you to do so? Now there are a number of simple things out there beyond even reason, war, pollution, deforestation, just to name a few. But in my opinion it has to start somewhere.

Now this may seem trivial and simple but I would like to ask for a few simple reflections in ones life on a day to day magnitude and ask for the few that will take the time to write them down, what I am asking for is simple wrongs in our time you see in everyday life. What you did about it, what you should have done, or how hard you laughed. Just to get a sense of what everyone is seeing and feeling and really getting thorough to them on a real spiritual level. I am tired of using the spiritual level thingy taken completely out of reference soooo. On with the show… right, wrong, cute, revolting, simple loving but still just wrong…

Her are just two from my own chapters over the weekend:

I was going to the dumps in Forestville and decided to stop over by my ole stomping grounds on the way and stopped n to see a friend who had a brand new male box. Now she is from Minnesota and still talks with the accent, OH don’t ya know, 65 or soo. upper middle class and you can tell. I ask “oh you got a new mail box dear” She goes on to say “Oh mykil we had to get one with a lock, a black got into our mail and stole our credit and charger a few thousand dollars on our accounts” I was like OK did they catch him. She tells me
    ”oh no they didn’t get him”! I was just awe struck by how she was just sure it was a black. I laughed all the way to the dumps and am still laughing. This was adorable and just wrong all at the same time to me and I should have said something along the lines of how in the hell did you know he/ she was black darlin? On with the show…

At my house and around the entire Northwest area we have these cute little orange and brown bugs with wings. Every year just like clockwork thousands show up right on schedule. This year being no exception I have found that they have taken up permanent residency in my bathroom. Hundreds at a time. Its nice and warm with plenty of light from the skylight above and I can’t find where in the hell they are getting in from so I just gave up. They do not bother me cause I grew up with them so let them be is my motto. My girlfriend has these two adorable little redhead daughters that came over with her. Well they decided that screaming all the way to the living room franticly was acceptable behavior cause there was “STINKBUGS” all over the bath. I asked them what the hell they were screaming about. There are no stinkbugs in my bathroom? They said there were all over the bath. Soooo, I calmly asked them if they were disturbing my love bugs. I told them that those where love bugs, not stink bugs and not to bother them cause they were direct decedents from the bugs that I had grown up with and that messing with them was very disrespectful and that bad things happen to people that mess with the LOVE BUGs! The only reason I was awhere err changed my attitude toward these little bugs was when I was a child around the age of five or six and started messing with what was referred to as stinkbugs, some wonderful woman asked me what I was doing messing with her love bugs and my attitude changed from one extreme to the next… on with the show… who is up next?