Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sex Is Sacred
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    Yubajeff

Re: Sex Is Sacred

OK, I'll jump in this pool, I'll even keep all my clothes on if I have to...
    Coming from a place of recent celibacy, I would observe that libido and Qui or Prana are nearly equivalent. And even though Freud was wrong about almost everything else, we need to credit him with starting this thread, which was absent from Western civilization until a mere 100 years ago, or so.
    The topic itself was taboo until then. Those mid-Europeans were so uptight!
    I think a lack of libido indicates a deficiency of Qui, or a Chakra blockage, or a hormonal or neurobiological imbalance, however you choose to look at it. On the other hand, to manifest sexual behavior is an entirely optional part of the process. I believe it is true that some the most evolved and enlightened masters have an abundance of Qui but remain celibate. At least some of them do, but then many don't, and some aren't even upfront about it.
    If it's just orgasm one seeks, that can be accomplished quite nicely without involving another soul. That would seem preferable to "fucking". Or am I touching I another taboo here? I haven't heard much discussion of (and it's even hard to render into print) *masturbation* on this thread.
    Can masturbation be "sacred sex"? Can it NOT be sacred?
    Does it cause blindness? At least its not contagious. But then there IS that biological imperative to reproduce, which persists even after sterilization, but does seem to wane with age. And there is a certain thrill in risky behavior, which can energize any sexual encounter. Some people even arrange enactments of such scenarios, as to experience some of the thrill with none of the risk, but that doesn't seem logical to me. Can you fool your brain that easily into secreting more dopamine, and double your pleasure?
    This link has a few lackluster photos of functional MRI of the female brain during orgasm: Scribd and click on the 2nd link on the left side. Ignore the dribble in the middle, which I didn't bother to read (but if YOU do, and it's any good, let me know). These images are not very exciting to look at. And the neurobiological commentary comprising the actual published article is most charitably described as "primitive". Maybe if they colorized the neuroimage it would help. I'll search for a better neuroimaging site and post it later on, if anyone shows any interest. Everyone else around here is too busy getting laid.
    Jeffrey/Yubajeff
    Last edited by Yubajeff; 02-23-2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: bad link
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #32
    NorseViking869

I really think sex is sacred and yes it is better when it is in a loving, compassionate relationship; however, I find it more sacred to have loveless sex than to find yourself committed in a loveless or unrequited love relationship. Having your love taken with none coming back leaves you emptier than a night of sex with a stranger or acquaintance.As much as I prefer to love and be loved back, it is less sacred to live a live, than to live in joy, be it alone, or with that special someone(s).

3. TopTop #33
    NorseViking869

Actually if you do not go out at all, going out to a movie just to go out can be a religious experience. The same for sex for sexes sake. If you don't do it for whatever reason and all of a sudden someone falls into you lap,it can be wonderful and joyous. It is the moment, the passion. If it was empty sex it was because you still have your mind and heart with a lover, not in the moment. If you feel you are feigning passion for someone, then your not in the moment. Yes I want a relationship with a woman that I can grow old with. I will say though that Barry says it best a few posts up.

"I suppose you could wait for a person you could "partner with" before you have sex, but what fun is that? And if you could look into the future to see that you are not going to "end up together" would you not "partner" in the first place?"

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jason 17: View Post
    Sex for sexes sake is like going to the movies just to go out.Neither has a whole lot of value.I for one would have difficulty feigning the kind of passion I feel when I actually care deeply for anothers well being.The kind of experience you want to have again as you discover each other more intimately.Sex gets better the more profound and more loving the relationship.Why settle?

4. TopTop #34
    MsTerry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by kburgess: View Post
    So I see that the answer to the question is of course sex is sacred,
    it is the most important act of the universe,
    Ken.
    Well, are you just singling out humans or do you think all acts of procreation are sacred?