Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    "Mad" Miles

RIP My Favorite Restaurants that are no longer in business

My friends in Waccoville,

I share my opinions and information about the fooderies on my favorite restaurant list because I want the places I like to stay in business. Given the risks and vagaries of the restaurant business (80% failure rate in the first five years?) it doesn't always happen.

To add to the list of lost, and longed for by myself, places, we have:

Nhabee Korean BBQ

Sue was losing money, had to go back to selling real estate (great time to return to the game!? I wish her all the best. She's a pistol.)

The license app. sign in the window says someone is opening an Ethiopian restaurant. Way Cool! But don't forget Santa Trata Eritrean in Stony Point Center, and still tell Helen, Miles sent you!

Santa Trata Eritrean Restuarant and Cafe

Alas, I wrote the sentence above before I went to eat at Santa Trata a couple of weekends ago. And it's closed!!! Boo! NOT "F" On. Totally not F on... Guess western Santa Rosa was not ready for injera eaten around savory vegetable and meat stews picked up by hand. I wish Helen, Adam and family well. I'll miss their food. In fact I already do.

Nirvana

My busy life, limited funds, no longer working in Santa Rosa and consistent lack of dinner companionship meant that I never returned. I'm sorry to see it go. I think Neil had a great idea and he was putting his all into it. Perhaps the plethora of choices, a sort of “design your own curry” cornucopia, was too confusing for the customers. I don't really know.

Anatolia

Was on 4th St. just east of Tex Wasabi's, guess they didn't have enough biz also. I loved the kababs, with rice and vegetables. Well prepared, free hummus and pita, a glass of wine, turkish coffee and an Arab pastry after. Too bad.

The Steakhouse on Mendocino (519? Some number, the address)

Gone. They were good. But I knew they were in trouble when their fabulous selection of beers on tap dwindled to only a few. This happened months ago, but I haven't forgotten.

I held this post since 12/21/07 because I didn't want to spoil the "Holly Daze". But winter is a time for dying, so it's appropriate to remember the fallen....

:crying2:

"Mad" and Sad, Miles
    Last edited by "Mad" Miles; 04-01-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Correct Spelling of dying
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email