Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Worst Roads in the County?

I happened to notice an article in todays PD about how Sonoma County has the worst roads (in the unincorporated areas) in the Bay Area.

I thought it might be good if we shared what we thought the worst roads are. I'll forward this thread to the county once it settles down.

I'll start: Frei Rd, especially the section just south Guerneville Rd! I don't think there is any original pavement left! It's wall to wall pot hole fixes! And I have to leave now and drive over it again! :bullrider:

Please, please fix it!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Braggi

Re: Worst Roads in the County?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post

I'll start: Frei Rd, especially the section just south Guerneville Rd! I don't think there is any original pavement left! It's wall to wall pot hole fixes!

You could try Vine Hill Rd. as an alternative. Oops! It's just as bad!!!!

Sheesh!

-Jeff

3. TopTop #3
    lifequest

Santa Rosa is trying to reduce a large multi-million $ budget deficit and one of their proposals is to eliminate some of the positions responsible for pothole repair. Conditions are already terrible throughout the city so this will ensure a nice rating at the bottom of the list. I'm not even going to address the ever increasing water and sewer bills. Oops guess I did.

4. TopTop #4
    Lenny

Barry, are you praying for bull? I see by your emoticons that you must be with such a thread!!
    Every time I drive over a pot hole I think I will write the Grand Jury of Sonoma County a letter asking them to look into what you've said. Maybe I will wait until I loose an axle.
    Thanks.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    I happened to notice an article in todays PD about how Sonoma County has the worst roads (in the unincorporated areas) in the Bay Area.

I thought it might be good if we shared what we thought the worst roads are. I'll forward this thread to the county once it settles down.

I'll start: Frei Rd, especially the section just south Guerneville Rd! I don't think there is any original pavement left! It's wall to wall pot hole fixes! And I have to leave now and drive over it again! :bullrider:

Please, please fix it!

5. TopTop #5
    Tars

I was a little surprised to see Sebastopol road conditions listed as "fair" in the article. Of course I don't have the recent breadth of experience of a professional driver who covers virtually all the streets in town. On the other hand I do get around a lot. My impression is that the streets are in good condition. Hmm... perhaps the article is lumping some of the more rural roads around town into the "fair" rating?
    I live on a semi-rural, heavily-traveled road; it's in good condition.

6. TopTop #6
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lenny: View Post
    Barry, are you praying for bull? I see by your emoticons that you must be with such a thread!!
    Riding a bull is what it feels like to drive over that road!

Barry
    (Birthday Boy)