Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Honda "Fit"
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    heidijerry

Honda "Fit"

Any of you driving a Honda "Fit"---the new, small Honda model? Any feedback---positive, negative, indifferent???? We are concerned about acceleration, safety, mileage, load capacity, comfort. Many thanks to all who respond.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    caterina

Re: Honda "Fit"

I have a 2007 Honda Fit...I bought it a year ago. I really love it...drives well, very good acceleration...as far as I can tell and have heard safety is good...however it is a smalll car.. Mileage well I get around 29-30 around town depending if I use my air conditioner or not... about 35 or more on the road...once again depending on air conditioner use...I can "fit" much into it...has great storage capacity..and it very roomy and comfortable for a small car...
    I just drove it up & back to Mt. Shasta and was passing those semi's at from 75 mph plus with ease. It drives and handles great...

So I give a thumbs up..... Caterina
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by heidijerry: View Post
    Any of you driving a Honda "Fit"---the new, small Honda model? Any feedback---positive, negative, indifferent???? We are concerned about acceleration, safety, mileage, load capacity, comfort. Many thanks to all who respond.

3. TopTop #3
    krimsonkat

Greetings!
    I have had my 2007 Honda Fit since June 2006 and I love it.
    I'm not sure why Caterina's mileage is lower than mine.. I average 34 mpg.
    35 when I really cruise. I have the Sport model, maybe thats the difference.
    I just returned from another trip to Reggae Rising (formerly Reggae on the River), the second in my Fit.. it carries everything tent, cooler, supplies, bikes, etc.. and the car lets you know when it needs the oil changed and or a service. my dog loves it too.
    Good luck with your decision making,
    Kat

4. TopTop #4
    urlove

I drove a friend's Honda Fit one time. It seemed to handle well on the road. I did notice that after adjusting the seat the steering wheel seemed too far away. I mentioned this to my friend, and he said he had noticed that too.

Mala

Quote Posted in reply to the post by heidijerry: View Post

5. TopTop #5
    ganeshafv

I bought a new Fit Sport last October and I love it. I drove it to LA in November and got 32 to 34 mpg. Usually around town I get 30 or so. The car is an amazing piece of engineering. I can "fit" almost as much in the Honda with the back seats down as I can in my Nissan 1/2 ton pickup with a 6' bed. They say you can put a bicycle in it and, if you lay down the front passenger seat, a surf board. 5 reasonably sized adults can sit comfortably in it (head room is not a problem) and it still retains acceptable acceleration. When it's just me on a curvy road it's somewhat like driving a sports car because of the front wheel drive and the paddle shifters on the steering wheel which allow you to up or down shift at will; and it's plenty zippy enough for me. It comes standard with all 6 airbags, electric windows and mirrors, a rear defroster & wiper, adjustable steering wheel, absolutely terrific ABS brakes, and a nice CD/AMFM radio that's easy to use. I bought the Sport because that's the only way to get cruise control which I wanted for long trips. Oil change every 5000 miles and your first service is at 100,000 miles. At $18,600 out the door it seemed like a no-brainer to me and I haven't changed my opinion. Only thing I'm not crazy about is that it heats up quite a bit from sun in the windows although the A/C handles that when driving. It just means I can't leave my dog in it for more than a couple of minutes when it's in sunshine, even on a mild day. One problem: finding one to buy is hard. The dealers only get one each per month and there's a backlog of buyers. I had to get mine in Hayward. Good luck, Craig