Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Tribal Bigger Better Greener Santa Rosa!

Tribal Bigger Better Greener Santa Rosa! Can you say that?

Dang, The Fireworks shows were spectacular as usual, I hit Four thus far and am hoping there will be a few more before the week is out.

Risso [Monte Rio] was awesome as usual, the water parade was the funkiest show on the river as the norm, OJ didn’t just off the bridge, he was home sick in bed, he is getting to old for that anyhow! I imagine about Ten Thousand showed up and for the show. The fireworks were nice, I love to listen to the eco that booms down stream for as long as you will listen for it!

Then came Guerneville, this year the show was set in town, no one was allowed on the beach, they moved everyone to main street and made a street party out of it. The fireworks were moved to the main part of the beach for a better view. They were about the same as Risso, but they didn’t turn off the lights on main street and this is something I hope they will do next year, only about Two Thousand showed for this show I would imagine, probably cause they have had a few problems in the past few years. Looks like they are back on track! The venue is there and the show will go on!!!

Missed out on Bodega Bay since they had it on the same day as Guerneville, wish someone would have picked up Tuesday!

Then there was Sebastopol, extremely energetic and relaxed at the same time. Over the years I have come to learn when and where all the best places are and Sebastopol just keeps getting better for me as time goes on, a few new fireworks were on display. And a few similes and hearts appeared on target, along with a spectacular final.

Santa Rosa alwayz steals the show, each year on the fourth exactly, this years new management was over the top, not only was it the best year I have seen in Santa Rosa but also the music was set to invoke peace and harmony, they are taking this new image of the Tribal Bigger Better Greener Santa Rosa to new limits. We usually judge the show by how many car alarms are set off at the end of the show from the final finally. This year was no exception! But with the added tribal peaceful music and the calligraphy, it had to be by far one of the best in the state! To get a grip on exactly how good it was when the music said peace and love, two beautiful s appeared in the sky Right on Que! There must have been a dozen or so new fireworks I have not seen in forth years, defiantly worth the drive! Even the entertainment value was right on que, they rocked!!!

I love fireworks and hope to see more this week. Although I know allot of you won’t participate in the celebration of our independence for various reasons of your own, this new venue in Santa Rosa, needs to be applauded and spread throughout our country!!!!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    ThePhiant

Re: Tribal Bigger Better Greener Santa Rosa!

but MyKill then it was you who I saw shaking hands with that elderly soldier in desert fatiques on the right hand side of the stage and thanking him for his service in Iraq .
    Did you try to their camo vest on too?
    from what i hear they have some spectacular fireworks in Iraq.
    the real stuff I've been told

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post

Dang, The Fireworks shows were spectacular as usual, I hit Four thus far and am hoping there will be a few more before the week is out.

Risso [Monte Rio] was awesome as usual, the water parade was the funkiest show on the river as the norm, OJ didn’t just off the bridge, he was home sick in bed, he is getting to old for that anyhow! I imagine about Ten Thousand showed up and for the show. The fireworks were nice, I love to listen to the eco that booms down stream for as long as you will listen for it! . . .

Last edited by WESH; 07-05-2007 at 10:27 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    bird

Well I'm glad you enjoyed all the fireworks. I live along the Russian River, and went to Monte Rio beach the day after the fireworks show. There was not one duck, one osprey, one turkey buzzard, no swallows......the birds were ALL GONE!!!!
    I happened to have gone to the Monte Rio beach during the day of the fireworks, and the river was full of ducks and babies.....it's been almost a week, and they are very slowly coming back.
    The river is their habitat, and when humans do something that is so intensly invasive, it wreaks their world.
    It would be a big day when humans finally start to consider ALL the ramifications of their actions.....we could have great fireworks w/o the ones that have that window shaking repercussion.
    I go to the river every day this time of year, and the impact of humans on the wildlife that call this area home keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger....and now they've taken more water so folks can keep their lawns green and suv's clean........
    peace to all.....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post

Risso [Monte Rio] was awesome as usual, the water parade was the funkiest show on the river as the norm, OJ didn’t just off the bridge, he was home sick in bed, he is getting to old for that anyhow! I imagine about Ten Thousand showed up and for the show. The fireworks were nice, I love to listen to the eco that booms down stream for as long as you will listen for it!

Then came Guerneville, this year the show was set in town, no one was allowed on the beach, they moved everyone to main street and made a street party out of it. The fireworks were moved to the main part of the beach for a better view. They were about the same as Risso, but they didn’t turn off the lights on main street and this is something I hope they will do next year, only about Two Thousand showed for this show I would imagine, probably cause they have had a few problems in the past few years. Looks like they are back on track! The venue is there and the show will go on!!!

Missed out on Bodega Bay since they had it on the same day as Guerneville, wish someone would have picked up Tuesday!

Then there was Sebastopol, extremely energetic and relaxed at the same time. Over the years I have come to learn when and where all the best places are and Sebastopol just keeps getting better for me as time goes on, a few new fireworks were on display. And a few similes and hearts appeared on target, along with a spectacular final.

Santa Rosa alwayz steals the show, each year on the fourth exactly, this years new management was over the top, not only was it the best year I have seen in Santa Rosa but also the music was set to invoke peace and harmony, they are taking this new image of the Tribal Bigger Better Greener Santa Rosa to new limits. We usually judge the show by how many car alarms are set off at the end of the show from the final finally. This year was no exception! But with the added tribal peaceful music and the calligraphy, it had to be by far one of the best in the state! To get a grip on exactly how good it was when the music said peace and love, two beautiful s appeared in the sky Right on Que! There must have been a dozen or so new fireworks I have not seen in forth years, defiantly worth the drive! Even the entertainment value was right on que, they rocked!!!

I love fireworks and hope to see more this week. Although I know allot of you won’t participate in the celebration of our independence for various reasons of your own, this new venue in Santa Rosa, needs to be applauded and spread throughout our country!!!!

4. TopTop #4
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

I might have to start adding disclaimers to all the headings on my posts, instead on at the bottom! If you didn’t get that far, that is where the disclaimer is located on this particular piece! If you didn’t read the disclaimer than please accept my apology’z. I think from now on all posts should include some sort of disclaimer to the heading to warn anyone from any distress one might encounter while reading any particular post. Now if one does continue on and read at one’s free well, we might also have to leave the disclaimer at the bottom to remind people that there is a disclaimer at the top and to refer to it for further information regarding the post. Thus dis-encouraging anyone from reading on further. Your feelings are also well noted!