July, 2007

Merry, Marvelous, and Most Mindful Midyear!

This month we look at blue – not a melancholy mood, but flashes of insight. This is the color resonating with the Skills and Knowledge area… let’s sprinkle it around like twinkly sequins of… divinity and data!

Standing at the front door, Skills and Knowledge is to the left and front of your home or office. While all the areas of the Feng Shui Bagua are important, Skills and Knowledge is about processing thought, and therefore the most far-reaching. Each cure you apply, every enhancement you place, every bit of clutter you cling to affects the entire Bagua – all life areas. Our thoughts move around and about every thing - how shall we think, in a cluttered fog or clear blue skies?

Take time to listen. This is the perfect location for a sacred space and meditation. Place images of wisdom here: Buddha, Jesus, Quan Yin, Gandhi, Einstein. In the silence, ask yourSelf for increased awareness about this life. What is my path? How may I serve? How may I grow? What would you like me to know right now? Listen for the answers.

Take time to learn. If you enjoy books, shelf them here. Paper is wood in Feng Shui, books are growth. If you have school books, cover them with blue paper, and use blue bookmarks. Sit here to study. Write a certificate of achievement and hang it here – with a big, first-place blue ribbon attached!

Express gratitude here for the intelligence to fully appreciate and manage your good fortune. How can I more actively participate in my health and wellness? How can I encourage my children to get along? How can my spouse and I continue communicating with kindness? How can I maintain this increased flow of clients? How can I more effectively maximize this increased abundance? The answers come easier when the Skills and Knowledge area is tended to. This is an the area of very great influence.

An affirmation is you talking to yourSelf – write it down. Prayer is you talking to your Higher Self – speak it. Meditation is your Higher Self talking to you – be still and you will hear.

With gratitude and an intention to serve,
Vikki
Consultant
Feng Shui at Your Service

PS – Turn off the television… please.