Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Please Read if You Are Willing and Wanting to Help a Community

:singwolf: :violinist2:

This is a call out to all the Wacco’s in Waccville; as you may or may not know, WaccoBB’s Financial Meeting was June19th and June 20th, there will be another upcoming meeting on the June 27th that you might want to conceder attending. The last two were over the top with great ideas about the upcoming and upkeep of wacco in general, also the fun we perceive on projecting in the future of our community. This was a financial oriented meeting to help our one and only Mayor of Waccoville [Barry] to achieve financial freedom and independence, so as not spend all his life savings on all our projects he has been heading up for sometime now.

We are looking for solicitors for Internet, word of mouth, or just passing out cards once in a while. If you are entertained by the idea of working to get people to join wacco for a half hour a day or so, get in touch with me and I will point you in the right direction. I myself have decided to dedicate an hour a day at Internet projects that will drive more traffic our way. More minds at work are always a better thing!

WE are also looking for wonderful ideas of any sort, to make a few extra bucks. IF you have any ideas or bucks, please conceder our next meeting. There is a post I will be more than glad to point out if you can’t find it or have missed it, about the days and times. Any help at driving business Barry’s way would be more than appreciated for sure. If you might have or know of a business or businesses that may profit from advertising on wacco, Barry is more than entertained by the idea of being extremely versatile, to talk over everyone’s ideas, and really tailoring to each individual or company’s needs.

These meetings were very extreme, the food was outstanding, the conversation was just as wonderful, everyone that attended was most grateful they did, I myself have made a few new friend’s that I don’t think I can live without, there was talk of forming a Community Groovy Rotary Club! This in itself was worth the time I myself spent for sure. All I can say is get involved now, on the top floor to speak, so we can evolve this to everyone’s full potential, and really have a new beginning in our community as a whole. Imagine if you will, all the fun this would entail? WE want to start producing potlucks once a month or so at various locations around the county just for fun and promotion. Maybe add some music? Can you say PARTY? We as a community can move forward with this. So if you want to tailor it to your specifications, put your two cents in, now might be the time to step forward and takes a part of the reins and drive this baby home! A little time and effort is all we need!

If you are not inclined to take part in all the partying, potlucks, rotary club, or anything else we may think up over time, or doing a tab bit of leg work [asking someone to check out wacco is an easy task], then the least you may want to do is sign up for the Two Dollars a month, and become a supporting member! This in itself is important if you want to continue to have this wonderful site available to all of us here in West County. This is an easy enough task to perform, all electronic, just click a few buttons, no big deal, and once it’s done it’s done! Or you may even just send a simple check to Barry himself.

Peace , and please feel free to ask me any questions, so I may point you to the ones that are really trying hard to take a small load off our Mayor of Waccville, whom really just wants nothing more than for this to be the best community of all time!:Not_a_crook:
    Last edited by Barry; 06-21-2007 at 06:00 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    ThePhiant

Re: Please Read if You Are Willing and Wanting to Help a Community

OK, so it has to be ThePhiant to commit heresy again
    I've been kicked out before, so I know the routine...........................

Anyways what's all this talk about a community?
    did all of you decide that everybody owns Wacco?
    what is going to happen if barry decides to sell Wacco?
    do we all get a piece if we chip in?
    do we get an irrevocable commitment from Barry that he will never sell?
    what is the structure to govern the new Wacco?
    Who appointed Barry Mayor of Waccoville?
    do we get to vote on a new mayor every 4 years?
    who's in charge? and who gets to divide the pot of gold when it comes in?

minor and major wars have started over less................

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    :singwolf: :violinist2:

This is a call out to all the Wacco’s in Waccville; as you may or may not know, WaccoBB’s Financial Meeting was June19th and June 20th, there will be another upcoming meeting on the June 27th that you might want to conceder attending. The last two were over the top with great ideas about the upcoming and upkeep of wacco in general, also the fun we perceive on projecting in the future of our community. This was a financial oriented meeting to help our one and only Mayor of Waccoville [Barry] to achieve financial freedom and independence, so as not spend all his life savings on all our projects he has been heading up for sometime now.

We are looking for solicitors for Internet, word of mouth, or just passing out cards once in a while. If you are entertained by the idea of working to get people to join wacco for a half hour a day or so, get in touch with me and I will point you in the right direction. I myself have decided to dedicate an hour a day at Internet projects that will drive more traffic our way. More minds at work are always a better thing!

WE are also looking for wonderful ideas of any sort, to make a few extra bucks. IF you have any ideas or bucks, please conceder our next meeting. There is a post I will be more than glad to point out if you can’t find it or have missed it, about the days and times. Any help at driving business Barry’s way would be more than appreciated for sure. If you might have or know of a business or businesses that may profit from advertising on wacco, Barry is more than entertained by the idea of being extremely versatile, to talk over everyone’s ideas, and really tailoring to each individual or company’s needs.

These meetings were very extreme, the food was outstanding, the conversation was just as wonderful, everyone that attended was most grateful they did, I myself have made a few new friend’s that I don’t think I can live without, there was talk of forming a Community Groovy Rotary Club! This in itself was worth the time I myself spent for sure. All I can say is get involved now, on the top floor to speak, so we can evolve this to everyone’s full potential, and really have a new beginning in our community as a whole. Imagine if you will, all the fun this would entail? WE want to start producing potlucks once a month or so at various locations around the county just for fun and promotion. Maybe add some music? Can you say PARTY? We as a community can move forward with this. So if you want to tailor it to your specifications, put your two cents in, now might be the time to step forward and takes a part of the reins and drive this baby home! A little time and effort is all we need!

If you are not inclined to take part in all the partying, potlucks, rotary club, or anything else we may think up over time, or doing a tab bit of leg work [asking someone to check out wacco is an easy task], then the least you may want to do is sign up for the Two Dollars a month, and become a supporting member! This in itself is important if you want to continue to have this wonderful site available to all of us here in West County. This is an easy enough task to perform, all electronic, just click a few buttons, no big deal, and once it’s done it’s done! Or you may even just send a simple check to Barry himself.

Peace , and please feel free to ask me any questions, so I may point you to the ones that are really trying hard to take a small load off our Mayor of Waccville, whom really just wants nothing more than for this to be the best community of all time!:Not_a_crook:

3. TopTop #3
    Shan

Wacco is an online community... it is so because we make it so by reading and participating in the evolution of the bulletin board, commenting, joking, questioning, accusing, offering, sharing, needing, asking, wanting, giving, announcing, warning, advising ect...(i do love to make lists!)

I imaginge that participating in the "Live" Wacco Financial Meetings, or any other in-person event hosted in the name of waccos everywhere will generate further answers to your questions. Gee, I am hoping that I get to a future meeting myself.

4. TopTop #4
    laurie lynn

You know, I've been called an idealist by more than one person, but sometimes it just seems like it's OK to relax and be open to the possibility that in a Conscious Community, we can trust each other. I could spend time vouching for Barry's commitment that's already pretty apparent (since he's been doing a whole lotta work for a long time for free -- he's definitely not in this for the money!) but to me, that's missing the point. For me, the point of community is more about meeting needs, building and maintaining connections, appreciating similarities and honoring differences, and providing a safe environment for self-expression and self-exploration than it is about having the ultimate guarantee that I will get my $24 back if the whole thing folds.

Don't get me wrong, being able to provide clear, well-reasoned answers to your questions will likely help WACCO become an even stronger place for community. But I can't help but to think that the wars of which you speak were started by less simply because the folks who started them had a much smaller grasp of the picture than I think we're hoping to nurture.

As an interesting side note, I think I've officially intrigued myself; as I wrote this I had a pretty hard time coming up with what "community" really means. I know that I haven't come close to naming all that community entails -- what else does community mean to you WACCOs out there?

Idealistically + Curiously,
    Laurie Lynn

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ThePhiant: View Post
    OK, so it has to be ThePhiant to commit heresy again
    I've been kicked out before, so I know the routine...........................

Anyways what's all this talk about a community?
    did all of you decide that everybody owns Wacco?
    what is going to happen if barry decides to sell Wacco?
    do we all get a piece if we chip in?
    do we get an irrevocable commitment from Barry that he will never sell?
    what is the structure to govern the new Wacco?
    Who appointed Barry Mayor of Waccoville?
    do we get to vote on a new mayor every 4 years?
    who's in charge? and who gets to divide the pot of gold when it comes in?

minor and major wars have started over less................

5. TopTop #5
    ThePhiant

initially we are all idea-lists
    there is nothing wrong with supporting Barry, but at some point this thing becomes so big, and then will Barry support YOU
    how much do you think Craigslist is worth? a few millions?
    at some point Barry might get tired of doing this, or he might need to stop doing this . how much is WaccoBB worth now?
    you might not want your $24 back, but some people might feel they spend a considerable amount of time to make WaccoBB what it is, and they want their fair share.
    I think someone like Mykil has done a lot to promote and help Wacco (some of it unintentionally, LOL) how much does he deserve?
    (or in his case WHAT does he deserve, LMFAO)

SO who decides what direction Wacco will go in the future?
    right now Barry is doing a great job, even allowing people like me to peruse and muse,LOL
    but as long as these meetings are just about financing everybody is missing the point.
    WHAT IS WACCO GOING TO BE IN THE LONG RUN?
    if everything is brought out in the open up front, there will be less surprises later on.

The Phiant
    a Free Member

Quote Posted in reply to the post by laurie lynn: View Post
    You know, I've been called an idealist by more than one person, but sometimes it just seems like it's OK to relax and be open to the possibility that in a Conscious Community, we can trust each other. I could spend time vouching for Barry's commitment that's already pretty apparent (since he's been doing a whole lotta work for a long time for free -- he's definitely not in this for the money!) but to me, that's missing the point. For me, the point of community is more about meeting needs, building and maintaining connections, appreciating similarities and honoring differences, and providing a safe environment for self-expression and self-exploration than it is about having the ultimate guarantee that I will get my $24 back if the whole thing folds.

Don't get me wrong, being able to provide clear, well-reasoned answers to your questions will likely help WACCO become an even stronger place for community. But I can't help but to think that the wars of which you speak were started by less simply because the folks who started them had a much smaller grasp of the picture than I think we're hoping to nurture.

As an interesting side note, I think I've officially intrigued myself; as I wrote this I had a pretty hard time coming up with what "community" really means. I know that I haven't come close to naming all that community entails -- what else does community mean to you WACCOs out there?

Idealistically + Curiously,
    Laurie Lynn

6. TopTop #6
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Laurie Lynn asked a good quesiton:
    "What else does community mean to you WACCOs out there?"

For me, WACCO has served as an amazing online as well as offline community, with a diverse cross section of beings.

As human beings, we all need social interaction..whether introvert/extrovert...and WACCO provides that and more ...and is always just a click away!

From techs and artists to homeowners, pet sitters, healers, lovers, business owners, gardeners, students, teachers, families and parents, we support each other through good times and not so good times.

I am always staggered and amazed at the talent of the people I have come into contact with in our community!! The designers, artists, object makers, website developers, event co-ordinators, politicians, analysts, jokers...the list is endless and the one thing that binds us all is the love of a community we call home.

And although it may sound a bit mushy...community to me..means love. The community was built out of love and continues to grow in the same way. The impact Wacco community has had on my life goes well beyond words. I have a hungry soul and need for community... a sense of belonging, a sense of doing business with local business owners and for being in connection with other conscious beings.

I have met extraordinary people from the community , which I would not have met if it weren't for WACCO !

I feel much appreciation towards WACCO and fortunately feel blessed in life 's flow of abundance to now be able to have the the ability to UP my membership from $2.00 a month to $10.00 a month! 10.00 a month just felt REALLY REALLY GOOD !
    But I was a free member for a long long time until I realized the gratitude I held for Wacco-ville!

The people who have put their time & energy, sweat, nurturing and love into this web-site have truly made it into something that has a meaningful impact on the people that come here; whether it be members or visitors.

Thank you Mayor Barry and Wacco Community for making the dream of community manifest ! It has been fun dancing in the web of community!
    Thank you ThePhiant for asking questions that will help define and better Wacco!

p.s.. I too am interested in the discussion of an onine community co-op funded/owned site rather than owned by just 1 person....

Kali
    ~~ another idealist and very Grateful member

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shan: View Post
    Wacco is an online community... it is so because we make it so by reading and participating in the evolution of the bulletin board, commenting, joking, questioning, accusing, offering, sharing, needing, asking, wanting, giving, announcing, warning, advising ect...(i do love to make lists!)
    I imaginge that participating in the "Live" Wacco Financial Meetings, or any other in-person event hosted in the name of waccos everywhere will generate further answers to your questions. Gee, I am hoping that I get to a future meeting myself.
    Last edited by nurturetruth; 06-23-2007 at 06:50 PM.