Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Brian Wilson or Tony Bennet review?

Would love to read any reviews of either the recent Brian Wilson or Tony Bennett concerts and what songs they did. Just would have loved to go and couldn't.

However, anyone agree with me that Rikki Lee Jones at Harmony last Saturday was really listless? My quick review of Mike Stern however, is a question - can guitar playing be any better in any style?? What a master! His bandmates were also utterly fluid, top-notch masters..... but gee... except for the first song, I missed a good groove and a vocalist to play off of too....

Thanks,
    Alex
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Brian Wilson or Tony Bennet review?

I didn't see Brian or Tony, but I was right in front for Rikki Lee Jones. I really liked her. I didn't know what to expect as the last I'd heard from her was 'Girl at her volcano' quite a few years back. I heard that she's been through re-hab and has just put out a new CD. She was mellow and soulful and not like any of her old stuff. Very nice though... at least in my opinion.
    Tom

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tarexi: View Post
    Would love to read any reviews of either the recent Brian Wilson or Tony Bennett concerts and what songs they did. Just would have loved to go and couldn't.

However, anyone agree with me that Rikki Lee Jones at Harmony last Saturday was really listless? My quick review of Mike Stern however, is a question - can guitar playing be any better in any style?? What a master! His bandmates were also utterly fluid, top-notch masters..... but gee... except for the first song, I missed a good groove and a vocalist to play off of too....

Thanks,
    Alex
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email