Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    HiDi

Girl Just Wants to Have Fun!

Calling all Gals... I've been in West Sonoma County 12 years now and have lotsa friends - but my 'let's go out 'n do something' energy level is exceeding that of my peers lately - sooo I need to find more gals to hang with who like to go out and have fun! No drugs, low booze (I like a wine or beer or 2, but can 'take or leave it'), and I keep a reliable calendar - just looking 4 friends I can call up/email and say 'hey - wanna go to this show?'

I work from home 7-5, 5 days. I workout in Rodent Park 3x/nites a week. Many weekends are 'booked' up in advance, but I can often do things on Sunday afternoons...I'd like to find friends to (a) have coffee at Starbucks in Cotati after gym 7PM on a Mon/Wed/or Thurs and chat (b) go to shows once in a while - I like pop/rock/country and I like to dance (Last Day Saloon's been good) (c) go to a club for dancing once in a while (d) walk in a park (e) Badminton? Valleyball? Am fairly non-competitive re: rules/teams; just like to play! I like cafes/tea too!

My 'travel comfort zone' is as far south as Marin County occasionally (there are some good acts at cafes there) and as far N. as Santa Rosa...I'm near Bodega Bay, so like to take hikes there, and I focus on Petaluma/Cotati/Sebastopol area mostly. (I love the espresso at Bistro V!)

I like outdoors/nature/walks. Movies. Humor/laughter. Ethnic food/restaurants/places to hang and chat (try out Latitudes in R. Park? Never been. Like Black Cat Bar/Grill in Penngrove for hanging out,but too loud 2 talk in...). And dancing. Hate doing things alone . I'm happily/very longterm 'committed' so am not seeking relationships/guyz - just girlfriends to have fun and hang out! Interested? Lemme know...

(I'm lookin for something to do this Friday 5/25 6PM-whenever - anyone wanna check out Latitudes? Something else?)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Deborah

Re: Girl Just Wants to Have Fun!

Hi, I read your post. My first thought is.... If you are in a commited relationship why aren't you doing these things with them?

Peace, Deb

3. TopTop #3
    HiDi

Re: Girl Just Wants to Have Fun!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Deborah: View Post
    Hi, I read your post. My first thought is.... If you are in a commited relationship why aren't you doing these things with them?

Peace, Deb
    .... 'cause my hubby is 12 years older than I, and now is partially disabled. I do lots with him but can't do everything! He can sit on the couch and watch tv and go to dinner and on short drives - which we do - but that's about it!

We've been together over 30 years now. He likes his time to watch his TV shows and go to car races with his guy friends and such but I too need some 'outside girlfriends' to go out and play...

My 'friendship group' right now consists of folks about my hubby's age range. Which means LOTS of couch-sitting and very little dancing/activity...

...when we go out separately and come back with fun stories/etc. to share it helps us both, we find. (There IS an 'I' apart from the 'we'....)