Become a Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Donor Now & Save a Life!!

Free testing kits are available by mail. Most donor testing is done with a simple cheek swab (for DNA), rather than a blood test. So no needles! As a donor, you will become part of the National Marrow Donor Program Registry to be matched with any patient in need of a match.

My brother-in-law has Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer of the lymphatic system/blood cancer). He is only 39, and he and my sister have 2 young children. He is in need of a bone marrow/stem cell match for a bone marrow/stem cell transplant that he will need within the next couple of months. He is of Yugoslavian descent (Croatian, Slovenian, Bosnian, and the like), so there is a better chance of finding a match from someone of this descent. However, anyone can be a potential match, so please consider becoming a donor!

A successful transplant, with the help of a good match, will greatly increase his chances for surviving this disease, so that he can be here to raise his children and see them grow-up.

For more information and to receive a free donor testing kit by mail, go to:
www.dkmsamericas.org

May is National Donor Month and donor testing by mail is also free through Heart of America from May 6-20th. Please call 800-366-6711 or 650-624-9024 for more information.

** Please note: there are some health guidelines for becoming a bone marrow donor, which you should be able to find at www.dkmsamericas.org under Eligibility, or at the National Marrow Donor Program website www.marrow.org. Age limits are 18-60. Testing done at a local blood donor center may cost $52 for caucasions, if not done May 6-20th (non-caucasion donors are generally always free).

If you have any questions, please contact me for info.
Thank you!!
Pam

707-792-1632
[email protected]