*** Please forward to anyone you may feel is interested. ***

By clicking on any of the links below you will be redirected to our we-site: https://www.peaceinmedicine.org

Over the last 10 weeks since this effort kicked into high gear we have gone from a group of 10 people that met in my living room to hundreds of supporters who have met in many homes in Sebastopol and West County. This email list alone has grown to 192 people minus the 8 or so city officials. In my discussions with many of you over the last weeks I have heard much skepticism in regards to our intentions. Our intentions are stated clearly in our Mission Statement and our integrity will be unwavering to over come these biases. In time, the community will find Peace in Medicine.

We Found a Home and our Application was Accepted by the Planning Department
Upon city of Sebastopol approval of our Use Permit our home will be located at 6786C Sebastopol Ave. across from Gravenstein Station next door to Guayaki Yerba Mate. It is an industrial space and we will have to complete an extensive remodel before we can open. We are looking for volunteer and/or reduced cost contractors, electricians, HVAC installers, counter top builders, ADA accessibility, plumbers, and others so keep your ears open and talk to people you know in these trades.

Name Change and Nonprofit Corporation Established
Due to conflicts with other established businesses in Sebastopol we have changed our name from Harmony, “Peace in Medicine” to Peace in Medicine. PeaceMed for short. We have also registered with the state Attorney General as a California Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation under the name, Responsible Patient Care, Inc. We were unable to register as a 501(c)3 non-profit because that is a Federal designation and the Federal government doesn’t recognize our efforts. One day they will and we will be here to see it.

Mission Statement and Logo
On April 5 at the full board meeting we approved the Mission Statement and Logo to see the logo click here. Our Mission is:

We are committed to providing the community of Sebastopol with alternative health resources in a safe, professional and compassionate environment. We advocate and support a proactive approach to health management by providing access to medical grade cannabis for qualified patients, as well as a variety of other services including therapeutic massage, acupuncture, yoga, guest speakers, peer counselors and educational materials on methods of alternative healing.

We believe in a person’s right to individual health empowerment through access and knowledge. To support this mission, Peace in Medicine is dedicated to offering access regardless of financial status and to providing informational materials designed to help members better understand how to meet their needs on their quest for optimal health.

Our clientele come with a wide range of conditions including cancer, anorexia, AIDS, glaucoma, chronic pain, arthritis, insomnia, migraines, and anxiety, but all share a desire to be proactive in their healing process, health, and pain management through alternative means.

We recognize the importance of community and our center is committed to serving not just our members, but the community of Sebastopol through support of local organizations; for true health is maintained not just individually, but through combined community efforts and visions, as well.

Find Peace in Medicine!

Peace in Medicine Ambassadors
Last night we held our first Peace in Medicine Ambassadors meeting. 14 new local residents were added to the outreach and fundraising committee. We had a 2 hour training on who and what Peace in Medicine is, we had plenty of fun acting out role-plays with local business owners, school officials, residents, etc. It was a great time. If you haven’t been contacted already for a letter of support you will be soon, your support is needed. We will hold a second Ambassadors training this week, if you are interested in becoming an Ambassador let me know and I will send you the details for the next training. It is also a great opportunity to learn about our mission and us.

Fundraising
We need to raise over $150,000 in the next 3 months. That is 15 people raising $10,000 each, 30 people raising $5,000 each, and/or 150 people raising $1,000 each. On Monday, April 16 we hosted the first Ambassador training. Each of them will be hosting house parties, organizing events/concerts and/or donating themselves. One idea on the table is a Sebastopol Litter-A-Thon. What a better way to raise money than to do so while cleaning up our city. If you have an idea or know someone who is willing to contribute to our effort let me know or give him or her our contact information. There is no doubt in my mind that we can do this. Our community is large and with organization powerful! If you’d like to assist in our fundraising effort come join us at our next Ambassador training. We’d love to see you there.

Gratefully,
Robert Jacob
Peace in Medicine
708 Gravenstein Hwy N., #177
Sebastopol, CA 95482
P: 707-537-5800
F: 707-634-1747
[email protected]
https://www.peaceinmedicine.org