Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Larissad

Possible charges to be filed against Sutter...more info to come.

FYI Wacco Community...
    In case you had not heard, after the public workshop held in the Board of Supervisors Chambers yesterday at: 575 Administration Drive Room 102A in Santa Rosa, the Board of Supervisors has sided with the residents of Sonoma County and may be bringing criminal charges against Sutter for their attempt to renege on their contract with the county to provide health care for at risk communities in Sonoma County until 2016. In addition to the Board itself and numerous Sonoma County residents, representatives from CNA and SCIU were present as well as a number of other local grassroots organizations and the CEOs of Sutter, Kaiser and Memorial. There is another meeting on the matter going to be held next week on the 24th. I will be doing some more research on this today and tomorrow and will post my findings for the community.
    Namaste.
    -Larissa
    Last edited by Larissad; 04-18-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Some info was not accurate and I also got some new info to add
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Larissad

Re: Possible charges to be filed against Sutter...more info to come.

Greetings Community!
    Here are the findings of my research on the upcoming BoS meeting:

Prepared by: Larissa D.
    re: more info on the potential Sutter Hospital closing in Santa Rosa
    Date: 4/19/07 @ 12:30 p.m.
    • I called the office of the Chairperson of the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors: Valerie Brown at 707-565-2241.
    • I first spoke with “Pat” who quickly refered me to Vicki Berelli.
    • There is a regularly scheduled BoS meeting on 4/24/07 starting at 8:30 a.m. in chambers at 575 Administration Drive Room 102A, Santa Rosa.
    • The agenda is already posted at www.sonoma-county.org. Click on “Board of Supervisors” and then on “Agenda”. On the site you can sign up to receive automatic update emails on county related issues including BoS meetings and agendas.
    • As of tomorrow (4/20/07) at 3 p.m. there will be an adendum to the agenda for the 4/24/07 meeting to cover the Sutter issue. The adendum will allow a slot of time in the meeting for a resolution on the Sutter issue to be presented. It is up to the Chairwoman, Valerie Brown, if she will allow public comment or not. No information on what that resolution is/will be is yet available.
    • Click here to see a copy of the agenda as it is laid out currently.
    • If you want a copy of the resolution before the meeting you must either pick up a copy or call and ask to have a copy faxed to you after 3 p.m. on Friday April 20.
    • At the 4/24/07 meeting at 2 p.m. the pugblic will be allowed to comment on items not on the meeting agenda.
    • Minutes of the workshop held on the 17th regarding the Sutter issue will be available on the county website in a couple weeks. No specific date could be given to me as to when the minutes will be available.
    • I inquired about the difference between what is a “Public Hearing” a “Workshop” and a regular meeting. The regular meetings are held weekly in Chambers. Public Hearings are any meeting called for a specific topic that legally requires County Officials to notify via mail residents living in potentially effected communities. A workshop is a meeting that follows the Public Hearing, but does not require community notification.No one was able to tell me what topics/issues the County is bound legally to call a Public Hearing for.
    • Groups that wish to speak at Public Hearings, Workshops and/or regular meetings must call and register with the BoS Chairperson’s office. Ask to speak to Valerie Brown directly or with Vivki Berelli. This is different information than I was told in previous phone conversations. Previously I was told that no pre-registration was required for groups to speak. To reach the BoS Chairwoman, Valerie Brown, call 707-565-2241.
    I hope this is helpful.
    Namaste.
    -Larissa

3. TopTop #3
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Larissa:

Thank you so very much for keeping the Wacco Community updated concerning such an important subject matter!!

Please keep us posted...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Larissad: View Post
    FYI Wacco Community...
    In case you had not heard, after the public workshop held in the Board of Supervisors Chambers yesterday at: 575 Administration Drive Room 102A in Santa Rosa, the Board of Supervisors has sided with the residents of Sonoma County and may be bringing criminal charges against Sutter for their attempt to renege on their contract with the county to provide health care for at risk communities in Sonoma County until 2016. In addition to the Board itself and numerous Sonoma County residents, representatives from CNA and SCIU were present as well as a number of other local grassroots organizations and the CEOs of Sutter, Kaiser and Memorial. There is another meeting on the matter going to be held next week on the 24th. I will be doing some more research on this today and tomorrow and will post my findings for the community.
    Namaste.
    -Larissa

4. TopTop #4
    oldrose

Thanks for the update, I went to the initial meeting and was aghast at what was a absolute erosion on women’s health rights. The came out and said no, tubel liagations after birth, no abortions, and no birth control. This is happening all over the state of California. I know that it is the same in Santa Cruz. I am not surprised that the supreme court has upheld the ban on 2nd trimester abortions. They can only be done by abdominal surgery, not a D&C which is MUCH less invasive. Women’s reproductive rights are taking a beating. Of course this is only One of the issues, but as far as I am concerned it is a BIG issue.I was pleased to find some on the counsel were very aware of the needs of this community and very displeased with the Sutter/ St.Jo's move.
    Teresa
    Last edited by Barry; 04-19-2007 at 10:53 PM.