Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    DreamWeaver

Water purifier - Apartment size

Has anyone done a major search about water purifiers? This seems a no brainer but I havent gotten any info from friends. No one seems to know what is a good apartment sized water purifier. It could be below sink but is a reverse osmosis the only way to go to get out flouride (in Marin)?
    I am especially concerned as I am taking care of a sensitive 86 year old..
    Thanks, Jane
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    jeffreyiam

Re: Water purifier - Apartment size

call Tom at Restorative Technologies 823 8644 he has a great filter from Biocera that creates a very powerful antioxident water and a line from Wellness Water Filter company

3. TopTop #3
    Suzanne

Hi...
    As of 2005, when I researched this, there are only 2 filters that remove fluoride:

1. Distilling water - removes about 99% of it (ofcourse this does not mean go buy distilled water in those horrid plastic containers! you can purchase really good distillers at Sears for about $100.00)

2. R/O - removes most of it and not as much removed as distilled.

Sad but true, as filters were produced the flouride folks put pressure to ensure that the filters did not filter out the flouride so the water would be healthier for us and better for our teeth. (sad but true).

Suzanne

4. TopTop #4
    DreamWeaver

Thanks Jeffrey and Suzanne. I will call Tom for more information.
    I have heard that you must have a distiller or R/O to remove flouride. The question is - why do Sonoma and Marin Counties still add flouride?

Jane

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Suzanne: View Post
    Hi...
    As of 2005, when I researched this, there are only 2 filters that remove fluoride:

1. Distilling water - removes about 99% of it (ofcourse this does not mean go buy distilled water in those horrid plastic containers! you can purchase really good distillers at Sears for about $100.00)

2. R/O - removes most of it and not as much removed as distilled.

Sad but true, as filters were produced the flouride folks put pressure to ensure that the filters did not filter out the flouride so the water would be healthier for us and better for our teeth. (sad but true).

Suzanne