Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Lisa G

Friends or Partners wanted for start up animal/children non profit

Would you like to get in on the ground floor of my healing and powerful non profit Friendz for LIfe?
    My long term goal is to have funding for a few paid staff (along with me) and then to grow from Sonoma County to CA to National.

This is an organization that would promote, educate, and assist with keeping persons who are institutionalized in contact with their pets, and ensuring the pets safety and well being meanwhile.
    this includes children in shelters and other facilities, as well as adults.
    FACT: People may not bring pets to visit or to shelters, rehabs, jails etc
    FACT: a huge percent of pets end up neglected, dumped in overcrowded shelters, and killed because the the non institutionalized persons either do not have the skills or money to care for the pet, do not want to, or have other issues, or are homeless.

Friendz for Life would both educate and work with legal issues to allow animal visitation (scads of research about the healing nature of this and the lessoning or recititsim in criminal activity); provide the transport safely; and eventually have a shelter (starting out in persons homes) where they would keep the pet for up to one year if needed.
    Too much to write here.

I am looking for people who might want to delve into this project with me and help it grow and become a reality.
    any proposal writers who want to write for a grant for me and you ($40,000 for one year and I could live and work on this) most greatly appreciated.

I have been working on this theory for 15 years. My research has not truned up any one agency who does this.

If I get a few hits off this I will set up a short introductory meeting.

Thanks and pass it on!
    Lisa and the critters
    575-9106
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    adamal

Re: Friends or Partners wanted for start up animal/children non profit

Not sure if you are still looking for someone. As a former grant writer for non-profit catering to at-risk families and youth, I believe I might be able to help you.

I have a few questions first... Are you set up as a non profit? I am not sure what steps you would need to take for that. Most grants require that you have 501c3 status.

Feel free to email me! I am very passionate about animals, as well as working with at-risk individuals. I whole heartedly believe in the healing powers of animals (I grew up volunteering at nursing homes and helped set up pet therapy programs- they work!)

reply here, or email me at audrabolster at aol dot com.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email