Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    350kitty

Madras curry powder

Hi there! I've been looking for Madras curry powder in a metal tin. It's not fancy, it's just one that's often sold in supermarkets in the Berkeley/Oakland/SF area. But I can't seem to find it anywhere in Santa Rosa. I found it at Trader Joe's at the Marketplace Mall, and once at Traverso's, and have not been able to find it for weeks now.

I found a couple of Vietnamese versions labeled
    Madras curry powder in plastic bottles but the one I tried tastes different than the one I'm looking for which is in a metal tin.

It's this one:

https://tinyurl.com/3dj2pa

Any idea where to get it in Santa Rosa?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Barry; 03-05-2007 at 04:17 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Madras curry powder

Have you tried the Asia Mart on Guerneville Road at Fulton (where Organic Grocery used to be on the North East corner of the intersection next door to Peter Rabbit Chocolates). They are very well stocked, and I usually find what I need there.

Patrick

Quote Posted in reply to the post by katycat: View Post
    Hi there! I've been looking for Madras curry powder in a metal tin. It's not fancy, it's just one that's often sold in supermarkets in the Berkeley/Oakland/SF area. But I can't seem to find it anywhere in Santa Rosa. I found it at Trader Joe's at the Marketplace Mall, and once at Traverso's, and have not been able to find it for weeks now.

I found a couple of Vietnamese versions labeled
    Madras curry powder in plastic bottles but the one I tried tastes different than the one I'm looking for which is in a metal tin.

It's this one:

https://tinyurl.com/3dj2pa

Any idea where to get it in Santa Rosa?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Barry; 03-05-2007 at 04:17 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    Geni Houston

I think you can get it at Cost Plus. I am sure I have even bought it at Fircrest Market in Sebastopol. I would call either and check. I use it alot.

4. TopTop #4
    Geni Houston

Quote Posted in reply to the post by genihouston: View Post
    I think you can get it at Cost Plus. I am sure I have even bought it at Fircrest Market in Sebastopol. I would call either and check. I use it alot.
    Actually fircrest market in Seb does have it right now. But if you are closer to santa rosa, Safeway says they normally carry it in the tin.