In the User Control Panel, we are currently allowed to decide if we do or we do not want to receive emails from other members.

I have chosen that option, preferring to keep my posts to a nature that they can be dealt with publicly and only publicly, and reserving the option to change that option when I may see fit.

I have now been told by a moderator that that option is contrary to board policy. (And, in fact, the moderator changed the option on my account. Since I still could/can, I changed it back immediately, but I have to guess that the option will be removed completely eventually.)

Does anyone else object? I probably would not have noticed if I hadn't been given the option and chosen it, but now that that is the case, I find that I am opposed to the idea of giving it up. What I have decided is to continue on the board for as long as the option is still available, and to decide whether or not to withdraw if/as/when I can no longer check that box off.

So, if everyone else agrees, I'm sure it will become the case that we can only participate on the board if we are willing to receive private emails from any/all other members. I, however, would vote to keep the option of keeping my participation to a public level.

Any other comments?