Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Tars

Thank You Arnold!

I didn't vote for him the first time around. I was embarrassed for California, that anyone put up a wooden-faced actor diletante for governor. I helped vote down his big initiatives.

Then something wonderful happened. Arnie became a progressive. Oh, not to say there aren't things that the California left still hates about him - most notably the teachers' union. But his conversion really started rolling when he stood up to Bush on sending National Guard units to the wingnut border follies. Now, his efforts to balance the CA budget, set air pollution standards for our state, and most of all, get the universal medical care ball rolling, make him the most progressive governor in the United States.

As long as he has the political balls to take on huge issues like these, for whatever small amount it might be worth, he has this leftie California citizen's full support. You go guy!

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Thank You Arnold!

I tend to agree with you Tars. He really does seem to be trying to solve some of the states huge problems. He may or may not succeed, but I support him for making the effort. It's more than other politicians have been willing to do.
    Tom

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tars:
    I didn't vote for him the first time around. I was embarrassed for California, that anyone put up a wooden-faced actor diletante for governor. I helped vote down his big initiatives.

Then something wonderful happened. Arnie became a progressive. Oh, not to say there aren't things that the California left still hates about him - most notably the teachers' union. But his conversion really started rolling when he stood up to Bush on sending National Guard units to the wingnut border follies. Now, his efforts to balance the CA budget, set air pollution standards for our state, and most of all, get the universal medical care ball rolling, make him the most progressive governor in the United States.

As long as he has the political balls to take on huge issues like these, for whatever small amount it might be worth, he has this leftie California citizen's full support. You go guy!

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email