Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Kurt Erickson
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    smonday
    Supporting member

Kurt Erickson

I just read the obituaries today and found that Kurt Erickson died. He was a dear dear friend of mine for over twenty five years, though I hadn't talked to him in months. Does anyone know when he died, or how, or if he was sick.
    He was one of the the most wonderful enthusiastic, original, eccentric, lovable people I've known.

A celebration of his life will be held Dec 30, 2-6 at McCaughey Hall, 17184 Bodega,

Stella
    829-8382
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    "Mad" Miles

Re: Kurt Erickson

I too am sorry to read about Kurt's death. I have notified the No Spray Action Network lists and my non-violent direct action list (dansc). Here is the URL for his funeral notice. There is a link to an online guest book where those who knew him can leave their condolences.

https://www.legacy.com/pressdemocrat...sonID=20292663

I miss him already. His sweet demeanor always made me want to confide in him and receive the always positive support he was ready to provide.

Miles

:crying2:

3. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

Re: Kurt Erickson

One of the first things I noticed when I moved to West County around 15 years ago was how people in this small community take notice when someone dies. This is different than what occurred in Berkeley and other urban areas where I had been living and is something that is important to me.

Kurt Erickson was an important rural activist. He could often be seen at the Sebastopol Farmers' Market, supporting issues such as watershed work and the Rural Alliance. Though he lived further West than the Blucher Creek Watershed Council, of which I am a member, he came frequently to our meetings, especially as we were getting started. His support and experience was invaluable to our group.

Even if you did not know Kurt personally, I encourage you to attend his Dec. 30 commemoration. It will be a place where you can learn some of the important history of rural Sonoma County.
    Shepherd