Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Happy Holidays
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    fun2bbobbie

Happy Holidays

A Question For You
    One way we keep ourselves focused on what really matters is to ask each other a question frequently. The question: Is there anything I can do right now that would help you feel more loved and treasured? The power of this question is in the asking, not the answer. Asking the question means that you are creating a space for the other person to feel treasured and loved. You are focusing on what really matters in a relationship. As a holiday gift to yourself and those you love, ask this question of some of your nearest and dearest this season. Watch the magic unfold!

This came to me from the Hendricks Institute. How loverly!
    Last edited by Barry; 12-05-2006 at 05:35 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    lovealwaysis

Re: Happy Holidays

Beautiful. I discovered this years ago while studying tantra. Who would have guessed that by focusing on giving, supporting and pleasuring one's partner, one would get back a thousand times more than they ever received while trying to figure out how to GET something. And now it just seems obvious. Why don't they teach this to us when we are 9 years old? I feel sorry for all the men who don't get this. A cherished and satisfied woman will bathe her man in a waterfall of love.

Craig

3. TopTop #3
    fun2bbobbie

Oh so true. You're a Gem!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lovealwaysis:
    Beautiful. I discovered this years ago while studying tantra. Who would have guessed that by focusing on giving, supporting and pleasuring one's partner, one would get back a thousand times more than they ever received while trying to figure out how to GET something. And now it just seems obvious. Why don't they teach this to us when we are 9 years old? I feel sorry for all the men who don't get this. A cherished and satisfied woman will bathe her man in a waterfall of love.

Craig

4. TopTop #4
    Juggledude

Quote Posted in reply to the post by fun2bbobbie:
    A Question For You
    One way we keep ourselves focused on what really matters is to ask each other a question frequently. The question: Is there anything I can do right now that would help you feel more loved and treasured? The power of this question is in the asking, not the answer. Asking the question means that you are creating a space for the other person to feel treasured and loved. You are focusing on what really matters in a relationship. As a holiday gift to yourself and those you love, ask this question of some of your nearest and dearest this season. Watch the magic unfold!

This came to me from the Hendricks Institute. How loverly!
    Though it may be dismissed as simply semantics, i believe semantics are important, in that they create and manifest our thoughts in literal ways.

"loved" and "treasured" are not feelings, per se, but thoughts, interpretations of another persons actions. Feelings, by my definition (as clarified though fairly extensive research and professional opinion seeking) are self oriented...i.e. sad, happy, scared, angry, etc. Loved, treasured, ignored, validated, valued, etc, refer to the action of another being, presumably the partner in the relationship, and as such, are not feelings of the individual.

Now, some compassion, as I intuit you are recommending, is certainly a good thing, and can go along way to developing a closer rapport with those you love, and can open many doors leading to untold happiness... I'm just a stickler for accuracy, I guess.

Namaste,

Royce