Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    artfullife

Need to find home for Cat and 2 kittens

Hello everyone, I am trying to find homes for a mama cat and her 2 kiittens who were abandon at my house. The kittens have black and white tuxedo markings. The mama cat is very samll and her features are fine and she is gray but the tips of her fur is tipped with black. Thanks
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Moon

home for Cat and 2 kittens

What i used to do in Texas, where i did a lot of animal rescue because Texans
    generally take nauseatingly poor care of non-human animals, was to take the abandonee(s), on a Saturday, to the food co-op, whose members reguarly voted to boycott companies with unkind practices (i.e., to a place where shoppers are likely to value kindness; another good place might be a peace demonstration) and put up a big sign reading "Free ___(s)," give everyone who came by a big smile and say, "Would you like to take this beautiful ___ home with you?" until someone did. I always talked a while first, to make
    sure how the human felt about neutering & declawing, whether there were young children in the house, etc., and i never promised they could take the animal(s) home until i was satisfied it would be a good home. Be prepared: A lot of people responded with an angry, "Why didn't you get the mother spayed?" and then walked on before they could hear my answer that i'd found this kitten, say, dying where she'd been hit on the road and paid for her surgery and shots.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tacitus:
    I usually urge the writer to check with the local Humane Society but have been advised that they've been battling a ringworm infection and may not be able to take in animals right now. Give it a try though in case no one comes through. The sad fact is that there are too few homes for too many cats and dogs. Please spay and neuter and if anyone needs info on low cost, contact me.

Dian

QUOTE=artfullife]Hello everyone, I am trying to find homes for a mama cat and her 2 kiittens who were abandon at my house. The kittens have black and white tuxedo markings. The mama cat is very samll and her features are fine and she is gray but the tips of her fur is tipped with black. Thanks
    [/QUOTE]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email