Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    spam1

Soco Stay at Home Order Questions:

It is not clear to me: is my child not living with me allowed (without fearing a penalty) to come to my house? I'm not asking if it is recommended (It is not, obviously), but is it in legal violation of the order? What is the legal limitation to hosting people not living with me in my house? Is there a clear answer (I hope this is a clear question).
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Asa

Re: Soco Stay at Home Order Questions:

Quote Posted in reply to the post by spam1: View Post
    It is not clear to me: is my child not living with me allowed (without fearing a penalty) to come to my house? I'm not asking if it is recommended (It is not, obviously), but is it in legal violation of the order? What is the legal limitation to hosting people not living with me in my house? Is there a clear answer (I hope this is a clear question).
    The actual orders seem to be pretty clear about this. I think the answer is that it is a violation unless there is a narrow exception, such as for providing allowed healthcare. Hosting people from other households is normally not allowed.

Even before this Regional Stay at Home Order, gathering indoors with people outside of your household was not allowed, though clearly this had been occurring. Outdoor gatherings were limited to three households, with social distancing and masking. Increasingly messaging about the health orders made it sound more like guidance even when there were mandates. The new regional order is more like the original Stay at Home Order from March again.

Here is the Regional Stay at Home Order: https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/up...U-Scenario.pdf (+ minor supplement here)

The state summarizes these orders as follows (emphasis mine):
    Quote They prohibit private gatherings of any size, close sector operations except for critical infrastructure and retail, and require 100% masking and physical distancing in all others.
    The county summarizes these orders (on socoemergency.org popup) as follows (emphasis mine):
    • Keep to your household
    • No gatherings are permitted
    • Support local businesses and restaurants by ordering for pick-up or delivery
    • Non-essential travel is not allowed

Guidance on permitted health-related activities with friends and family can be found at https://covid19.ca.gov/healthcare. Scroll down to "Helping family or friends".

For example:
    Quote How can I make sure the older Californians in my life are safe and healthy during the stay home order?

Check in on your older neighbors and loved ones to make sure they are okay. Give them a call, text, or physically-distanced door knock. You can also teach them how to use FaceTime, Zoom, Google Duo, or Facebook video to communicate. It’s important to keep in touch with older loved ones for their mental health and safety.

Can I care for my elderly parents or friends who need help? Or a friend or family member who has disabilities?

Yes. Protect them and yourself by following physical distancing guidelines. Wear a mask, wash your hands often, maintain at least six feet of distance between you, and cover your cough or sneeze. If you have early signs of a cold, please stay away from your older loved ones.

I know this is challenging.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: