Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

Thread: Biden wins!!!
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Biden wins!!!

The American people have defeated fascism! Trump defeated!

Democracy, justice, and decency have prevailed!

Here is Beethoven's, "Ode to Joy."

Election called by The Young Turks News Network, below:

It’s Over! Joe Biden Wins!

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    socoexpat

Re: Biden wins!!!

I wish I could share your optimism- but I don’t.

Let’s leave aside for the moment that Biden has not yet “won” , because it does seem likely.

Still- the legal fights and the recounts have only just begun. And the Electoral College vote is still 5 weeks away…

Regardless, this election was far from a repudiation of Trump, or an endorsement of the Democrats. Out of over 145 Million votes, Biden only leads by a little over 4 million. Here in CA Trump took a whopping 1/3 of the votes. Overall his take of both Latino and white women votes increased over 2016.

It seems likely McConnell and the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate. The “blue Wave” did NOT happen. And we will see Republicans attempt to take control of both houses of congress in just 2 years.

We have the federal courts…all the way up to the Supreme court, packed with conservatives.

We are looking at a winter of a 2nd wave of Coronavirus - and all the impacts, economic, social, and otherwise that that entails. We are looking at a massive coming wave of evictions. Of bankruptcies, of business failures.

We have a stock market that is completely irrational and out of touch with reality, and is headed for a major correction.

Then of course there’s climate change. Everything from LGBTQ rights, abortion, Obamacare, are all likely to see major setbacks in the courts. Religious “rights” will be expanded. International issues- Syria, China, Iran, Brexit…

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3

Good points all, James. I agree with you 100%. Now the hard work continues and as you made clear, it's not going to be easy. We have to roll up our sleeves now and get to work rebuilding this divided nation and fixing all of the damage that has been done.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by socoexpat: View Post

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4

Here is an old celebratory song that brings back some happy electoral memories:

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #5

it just means that the high-stakes elections keep rolling in. First, and really soon, the Georgian runoff elections, then in two years, midterms with the Senate at stake again. We better get used to staying engaged with politics the same way we stay engaged with eating and sleeping -- it's something you can avoid for a while, but not something you're going to get an extended break from.

10. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

11. TopTop #6
    Hotspring 44

Re:
    socoexpat, I agree... ...Also, add to that:

The first 1 minute and 8 or so seconds of the video is exactly what I think that a Biden presidency, and for that matter, the foolishness of the 'Party-Line' shtick, SOP, (Standard-Operating-Procedure), that the Establishment Wing of the Democrat Party force-feeds the rest of their constituents.

It's frustrating to have witnessed, for decades, the level of naivety of wishful thinking by the Establishment Wing of the Democrat Party, that the Radical-Right, (so-called), in the Republican Party would ever do a 50/50 kind of a deal. Simply put, they won't EVER do that! Don't they know what kind of republican leadership the Republican Party has had since Newt Gingrich?!

Democrats should come to realize it is a tooth and nail fight. They need to be more awakened and aware of the surroundings. Anyway, enough of my rambling-on, which, needs another thread of it's own.

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #7

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #8
    Hotspring 44

First, for memorabilia about the things that make it seem so stabilizing and 'good'...:

...(yet), There is the reality of the overemphasis on 'compromising', by the Democrats, in regards to the Republicans that have already declared, and, for decades, have been fighting. It's been an all-out political, 'war' on the democratic part of the "Democratic Republic". They have been chiseling away on it for decades!

I will explain a little what I mean:
    Short story is, many in the Democrat Party were too trusting and/ or connected to Wall Street, They voted for, and, President Bill Clinton signed, and "compromised" by signing into law things that caused real damage to people at the bottom rungs of society. Examples: 1- The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, Links- 106–102 (html) (pdf), which, repealed a provision of the Glass–Steagall Act.
    2- He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, which deregulated trading of derivatives. The bill also included the "Enron loophole," which lessened regulation of energy trading by companies such as Enron.
    3- He also signed the Telecommunications Act of 1996, which represented the first major overhaul of the Communications Act of 1934.

Then there was Obama who was probably afraid of, but was definitely too dismissive of the ill intent of the warlike Republican Party. He did not do enough by way of appointments and executive orders/actions when he could have done so, when Democrats had the majority in the congress. Neither did Congress!

Face it, Republicans have proven time and time again that they are willing to do 'all it takes' that they can get away with to gain all power, and, Democrats of the establishment wing, are too fearful of loosing the next election than they need to be, whereas, the media has been used as a manipulative and mind altering tool that uses the psychology of fear and intimidation to manipulate... ...in 2011, as the article, "FCC finally kills off fairness doctrine": By BROOKS BOLIEK, 08/22/2011 03:22 PM EDT," explains.

Biden will be too busy to even look at this issue. Also, Congress will most likely be in gridlock for the next 2 years.

Then there is the time Trump has left to 'serve' in office and the enabling Republicans, (Tom Cotton, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, Mike Pompeo etc.), and other so-called 'middle-of-the-road" Republicans who will not impeach him no matter what he does. In other words, as an article titled "The Republicans Will Learn Nothing From a Trump Defeat" so succinctly tells.

It is going to be a major and very difficult struggle which may never end, certainly, not in my lifetime. There will be wrangling of power structures in both sections of congress.

If Biden, like other so-called "Centrist" Democrats do not politically arm themselves to the teeth, we will be experiencing another successful, continuous, obstructionism scheme from Republican Congress for the whole Biden/Harris term, and also face the all too real possibility of another Trump or Trump-like person being elected in 2024.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post

16. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

17. TopTop #9

DW News, Nov 8, 2020

The world reacts to Joe Biden's victory over Donald Trump

18. Gratitude expressed by:

19. TopTop #10
    Hotspring 44

This I will also point out... ..."Facism in USA is far from over", as Dogenzip so describes in the posting, in the "National & International Politics" category.

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...by-Umair-Haque

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hotspring 44: View Post

20. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

21. TopTop #11
    Mayacaman

"New World Order" = "New Age" Global Fascism

(vintage anti-war tract : January, 1991)

The difference between Trump & Biden is
    the difference between Nationalist Fascism
    & the Globo-Fascism of the Davos Elite//:

Davos Elite, World Economic Forum

22. Gratitude expressed by:

23. TopTop #12
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Be sure to see this post:

When the World Seems Like One Big Conspiracy

(if you wish to comment on the above link, please post your comment in that thread)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post

24. Gratitude expressed by:

25. TopTop #13
    Mayacaman

F*Y*I

For your information, Barry Chertov, the anti-war missive that I drafted on the night of January 15, 1991 - the one that I cited above, and that you refer to - is not a product of "conspiracy theory". Instead, it is a pure expression of "systems analysis", the school favored by the Chompskyites, M.I.T., & the C.I.A - among others...

FYI, Barry Chertov, I published five thousand copies of that anti-war missive during the six weeks of the First Gulf War, at the cost of roughly forty dollars a thousand, if I recall. It was samisdat-ed all around the world. It was the first time that many had heard of the Bank for International Settlements - the first World Bank, which deals in Gold Reserve balances between nations,
    was founded in 1930, and which functioned all during World War II with a Nazi Banker on the Board of Directors. The B.I.S. is located in Basel Switzerland. This is not a "conspiracy theory." It is a fact.

FYI, Barry Chertov, a graduate student in Political Science at Cal, Berkeley -whose name I can not produce because all of my archives were turned into ashes on the night of September 27, 2020- obtained a copy of that Anti-War tract from a certain John Van, who in the 1990's used to table on Telegraph Avenue, and sell Anti-War literature & radical regalia.

This grad student in Political Science, in turn, made many copies of that missive of mine, and personally gave one to every professor at the University of California at Berkeley. Fact. I am not making this up. Later, after he had heard the feedback from all of those professors, Barry Chertov, he notified me because he wanted to meet the one who had produced that missive. When we met, he recorded the interview.

He informed me that all of the professors at Cal were amazed that the whole schema of the world financial apparatus could be encapsulated on the two sides of a single sheet of *8 1/2"*x *11" *foolscap. They were further amazed that the one who had been able to produce that summary was not a lettered academic, but a mere carpenter / woodworker and musical instrument maker. Again, I am not making this up. It is a true story. It happened.

You, Barry Chertov, are a bigot and an ideologue who have been taken captive by an idiot ideology. You have become a reactionary and do not even know it. Ha ha. But the insight that the late Wilson Ogg of Berkeley gave me in the early '90's still holds water. To wit: the so-called & self-styled "New Left" have become reactionaries without even realizing it.

I produced that tract in 1991. Since then, several of the Prime Banks in Amerika have merged. This is in accordance with Lenin's insight in his classic tome of 1916, Imperialism the Highest Stage of Capitalism : On account of the inevitable process of Corporations merging, eventually there will be just One Big Corporation...
    Hey, it happened in the Soviet Union, too...

The Other Side:

ECONOMIC FACT-SHEET

Quote Barry Chertov posted:

When the World Seems Like One Big Conspiracy

(if you wish to comment on the above link, please post your comment in that thread)
    Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman:

26. Gratitude expressed by:

27. TopTop #14
    pamelaL

wow....Mayacaman...I had to wonder what point you were endeavoring to make using Barry's whole name five times in your missive. For me, that gave your writing a zealous tone that made it hard for me to get a sense you were rational. What you wrote came across to me as reactionary and "holier than thou." I did not follow up on your links, but may return to a couple. One thing I do feel is that something is terribly wrong in this world, corruption in high places etc.. and kindness is important.......

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post

28. Gratitude expressed by 6 members: