Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    kburgess

Michael Tellinger, Contributionism and Ubuntu

Who here is familiar with Michael Tellinger and Ubuntu as a possible alternative to our normal monetary society??

If you are not familiar with MT's work, go to :
    https://www.ubuntucontributionism.org/

I
    t is a pretty clean model where a small town/community agrees to have everyone put in 3hrs/wk of contribution time into various community projects to receive community benefits like free electricity, food, water, and whatever else the community decides to take on.

I know that a lot of folks in SoCo have tried various ideas of Sebastopol Economic Forum, Solari, Alternative currencies, Sustainability groups and more, but I think that MT's work is some of the cleanest of them all as his primary purpose is to establish a social economic system completely devoid of money that would work in conjunction with a monetary system while we still have it.

Do not jump against it until you take a look at his work and really understand what he is talking about, as I am not trying to be a teacher today, but find others that already like the idea and might want to look into any further next steps or actions that have already taken place.

His main premise is that human society has existed for a lot longer w/o money than with it, and worked pretty good, even before barter and trade, and social credit and more.

He has a good series called Hidden Origins on Gaia TV, well worth watching.

Yes our society is more modern and tech'y, but also a bit more enslaved than ever before, just a few more invisible chains vs ones that we can see.

If you like the idea so far, take a look at his work, and let me know what you might think,
    Hopefully open minds here, and maybe even a place to get it going in some sort of small way.
    Thanks,
    Ken Burgess.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    kburgess

Re: Michael Tellinger, Contributionism, Ubuntu, Human Intelligence & Anna Von Reitz

Human Intelligence:

If we are so intelligent, how come every rodent in a field can live and work cooperatively with their neighbors w/o money, CNN, Internet, Public Education, Grocery Stores, Masks, Dr. Fauci, Contact Tracing and more.

It seems that our vast intelligence has missed something rather essential within this context called living, ...,
    Called having a LIFE, and being able to actually live it w/o being a Slave to some-body else's definition to what our life should be!!!

This is NUTS!!!

Ubuntu is exactly one solution to getting through this and getting back to a very inherent-natural sense of what living in community and harmony w/our natural instincts already are, but have been taught out of us.

I hope that some of you might see this and respond, but still waiting for a bite.

NorCal should be a place where we could start to get some part of this going, ...
    So I will keep plugging away and see what happens.
    Thanks, Ken.

Anna Von Reitz,
    Another amazing solution where we need people NOW!!!
    https://theamericanstatesassembly.net/

Quote Posted in reply to the post by kburgess: View Post
    Who here is familiar with Michael Tellinger and Ubuntu as a possible alternative to our normal monetary society??

If you are not familiar with MT's work, go to :
    https://www.ubuntucontributionism.org/

I
    t is a pretty clean model where a small town/community agrees to have everyone put in 3hrs/wk of contribution time into various community projects to receive community benefits like free electricity, food, water, and whatever else the community decides to take on....
    Last edited by Barry; 08-05-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email