Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

How Much Can We Trust Drug Companies? Do They Prioritize Money or Health?

the long-time site run by our trusted friend, fred burks, has compiled 20 articles on drug companies and the medical establishment - highly pertinent to this moment. even skimming offers value for reframing how this system actually works.

https://www.wanttoknow.info/h/drug-c...ust-corruption

"It isn't just an individual study here and there that's flawed. Instead, the very framework of medical investigation may be off-kilter, leading time and again to findings that are at best unproved and at worst dangerously wrong. The result is a system that leads patients and physicians astray – spurring often costly regimens that won't help and may even harm you. "
    ~~ Newsweek article titled "Why Almost Everything You Hear About Medicine Is Wrong"
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: How Much Can We Trust Drug Companies? Do They Prioritize Money or Health?

I don't expect any company to prioritize my health. Business priorities are to make a profit, and this includes so-called "spiritual" businesses.

Gone are the days when I blindly trust any business, large or small, to prioritize my health or my pet's health. We need to do the research, even when it's conflicting. Then all we have is our informed intuition and self-knowledge.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    the long-time site run by our trusted friend, fred burks, has compiled 20 articles on drug companies and the medical establishment - highly pertinent to this moment. even skimming offers value for reframing how this system actually works.

https://www.wanttoknow.info/h/drug-c...ust-corruption

"It isn't just an individual study here and there that's flawed. Instead, the very framework of medical investigation may be off-kilter, leading time and again to findings that are at best unproved and at worst dangerously wrong. The result is a system that leads patients and physicians astray – spurring often costly regimens that won't help and may even harm you. "
    ~~ Newsweek article titled "Why Almost Everything You Hear About Medicine Is Wrong"
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email