Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shreehariananda

The 3 conscious questions to ask one self before jumping into bed/relationships...

Namaste,

My Sadhu Sat Guru Swami Satyananda Saraswati (www.shreemaa.org) says that many people unconsciously jump into bed and relationships without getting clear on a few things first. This usually results in a lot of suffering and unneeded pain. Here are three questions that can support Universal Human beings to awaken into deeper consciousness before getting into a relationship:

0) One needs to get inwardly clear and ask One Self, what is my spiritual goal in life and what is my plan to actualize my spiritual goal and what resources do I need to budget in terms of sleep, energy, and time to do so?

1) When one has found a potential partner, one needs to ask "What is your spiritual goal in life?"

2) The next question to ask is, "What is your plan for actualizing your spiritual goal in life?"

Then when people ask themselves and each other these basic interviewing questions, then they can see if their goals and plans for actualizing those goals match up before jumping into bed and a relationship.

I hope this is some small service to consciously spiritually awakening relationships here in Sonoma & Marin County and greater levels of awakening pure love, pure light, and pure knowledge here in our Beloved and Sacred Northern Kalifornia.

Offered at the Lotus Feet of Divine Mother and God,

Shreehariananda
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Star Man

Re: The 3 conscious questions to ask one self before jumping into bed/relationships...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shreehariananda: View Post
    Namaste,

0) One needs to get inwardly clear and ask One Self, what is my spiritual goal in life and what is my plan to actualize my spiritual goal and what resources do I need to budget in terms of sleep, energy, and time to do so?

1) When one has found a potential partner, one needs to ask "What is your spiritual goal in life?"

2) The next question to ask is, "What is your plan for actualizing your spiritual goal in life?"
    Thank you for these excellent questions. The psychologist Harville Hendrix formulated these questions in a psychological context. He pointed out that most people are unconscious of their motivations and lack insight. They are vaguely aware they are lacking something and they find and latch onto a person who seems like they will complete them. Bot partners are looking to the other to complete them. After about 18 months they come to realize that the other is really only seeking completion for themselves and is not interested in completing the one. At this point the relationship usually ends whether in divorce or mutual acrimony. In his book "Getting the Love You Want" Hendrix offers a set of exercises to help the partners find how they are seeking completion in a relationship. The oxytocin driven urge to find completion usually overwhelms any rational search for a shared spiritual goal.

Star Man
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email