Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Hotspring 44

Michal Moore Video: Planet of the Humans

I am a bit aghast to say the least.
    What do you think about the video? I would like to know what you think.

WARNING: There are disturbing images that are in the video, so be aware that if you are sensitive to cruelty to animals, (short scene near end of video), massive environmental destruction, and destruction of native land and human rights abuses and so on, please be careful with children, yourselves and loved ones for psychological reasons when viewing this informational video.

This video shines a little light onto what I think can only be described as another example of a species, (us humans), simultaneously committing mass genocide and suicide.

My question is: are we, as a species, in denial of what we know and feel helpless to change it, or is the addiction like the the drive to reproduce, (procreate), so strong that we just can't help ourselves?...
    ...Your thoughts?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway here is some of the intro I copied:

"Planet of the Humans," which will be released on YouTube https://youtu.be/Zk11vI-7czE on Tuesday free of charge to the public, argues that the mainstream environmental movement has sold out to corporate interests and that solar and wind energy components and electric cars rely too heavily on deforestation and electricity generated from coal and natural gas to produce them.

"What we have been calling green, renewable energy and industrial civilization are one and the same thing - desperate measures not to save the planet but to save our way of life," Gibbs says in the film.
    A better approach, Gibbs suggests, would be people having fewer children. "Infinite growth on a finite planet is suicide," he says.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    I do not know how long it will be available on YouTube so I suggest you watch it ASAP if you are interested.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-23-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Glia

Re: Michal Moore Video: Planet of the Humans

Moore's Rumble podcast episode 72 is a discussion with the team who created the Planet of the Humans movie. Highly informative and, yes, saddening.
    https://rumble.media

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hotspring 44: View Post
    What do you think about the video? I would like to know what you think. ...

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3
    M/M

What do you think about the video? I would like to know what you think.
    Haven't seen documentary yet; thank you for the warnings, et cetera.

A good article to read - maybe before seeing the movie?
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/04...eerist-greens/
    The Meltdown of the Careerist Greens - powerful read; advocates for the film; dismisses some of the criticisms and errors regarding what film seems to say; etc.
    Quote "true Gaian ecologist Derrick Jensen’s sagacious comment..: “i just watched this yesterday. it’s really fantastic. it’s biocentric, and what we need to help return environmentalism back to being about saving wild nature and not about trying to power the industrial economy a bit longer. The end left me sobbing.” (Head’s up: the ending leaves everyone sobbing – the entire crowd at the Premiere last July was sobbing before breaking into a multi-minute Standing Ovation!)"
    Another site where one can watch for free:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/video-...humans/5711481
    Video: Planet of the Humans. Michael Moore’s Documentary

By Michael Moore
    Global Research, May 01, 2020

Featuring: Al Gore, Bill McKibben, Richard Branson, Robert F Kennedy Jr., Michael Bloomberg, Van Jones, Vinod Khosla, Koch Brothers, Vandana Shiva, General Motors, 350.org, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sierra Club, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Nature Conservancy, Elon Musk, Tesla.

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

7. TopTop #4
    Hotspring 44

I don't know about which order; Planet of the Humans, or linked article, "the-meltdown-of-the-careerist-greens" wold be preferable to go to first because, 1- I already watched the Planet of the Humans, and 2- I haven't gone to any of the links M/M has posted as of yet.

I do know there are other points of view where there are other opinions, such as:

An article, authored by Ellie Harrison, published in The Independent April 29, 2020 titled:
    "Michael Moore film Planet of the Humans branded ‘dangerous’ and ‘shockingly misleading’ by climate experts"...
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/michael-moore-planet-of-the-humans-movie-documentary-climate-crisis-a9489656.html

A snippet from the article:
    "Michael Mann, a climate scientist who signed Fox’s letter, said Planet of the Humans includes “ various distortions, half-truths and lies ” and that the filmmakers “have done a grave disservice to us and the planet by promoting climate change inactivist tropes and talking points”.

The Ellie Harrison article did not get into what the "various distortions", "half-truths" and "lies"" are.
    I would like more details and specifics on Michael Mann's claims.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by M/M: View Post
    Haven't seen documentary yet; thank you for the warnings, et cetera.

A good article to read - maybe before seeing the movie?
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/04...eerist-greens/
    The Meltdown of the Careerist Greens - powerful read; advocates for the film; dismisses some of the criticisms and errors regarding what film seems to say; etc.

Another site where one can watch for free:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/video-...humans/5711481
    Video: Planet of the Humans. Michael Moore’s Documentary

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #5
    Hotspring 44

I don't know about which order; Planet of the Humans, or linked article, "the-meltdown-of-the-careerist-greens" wold be preferable to go to first because, 1- I already watched the Planet of the Humans, and 2- I haven't gone to any of the links M/M has posted as of yet.
    Update: I read the article. My favorite quote in it is short but to the point:
    "Bottom Line? Too many privileged Clever Apes, consuming too much, too rapidly."

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #6
    M/M

Just finished watching the film. It is most sobering, and yet sooooo worth seeing by many of us.... if real change is ever going to happen.

To see and hear Bill McKibben at 1 hour and 1 minute in... (not only that but) in the context of whole film is key.

I love what Jeff Gibbs says toward the end:
    Quote "By not thinking about it, it stands a good chance of doing us in... I truly believe that the path to change comes from awareness, that awareness alone can begin to create transformation. There is a way out of this. We humans must accept that infinite growth on the planet is suicide. ... The billionaires are not our friends. Less must be the new more. It is not the carbon dioxide molecule destroying the planet, it is us. It is not ONE thing, it is everything we are doing." Jeff Gibbs

12. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: