Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    cw707

Voting Problems on Tuesday

Does anyone know why there were so many problems with people being at the wrong voting places yesterday? I live in downtown Forestville. We've voted at the Church in the past, but I had heard it wasn't there this year. I went on line, put in my address, and was told El Molino High School. A friend & I decided to walk, but as we passed the church, to our surprise, there were people voting. We went in to vote, but were then told to go the Fire Station, but we weren't listed there. Does anyone know what happened? Someone said redistricting had been done. My big question: why are there 3 polling places in Forestville, all within walking distance? Why not just one, with everyone's info at that one station? Is there something I don't understand about all this? Thanks for any info. Voting should be easier than this.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    caromia333

Re: Voting Problems on Tuesday

I am SO sorry hear you had these issues though I am not surprised. We have been voting through absentee ballots and submitted ours 2 weeks ago. I highly recommend listening to and reading Greg Palast, award winning journalist, who has worked with Robert Kennedy Jr. for 2 decades on voter fraud/suppression, etc. he warned California's about these issues for the past few months. Listen to KPFA Flash points to hear his stories. https://www.gregpalast.com/

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cw707: View Post
    Does anyone know why there were so many problems with people being at the wrong voting places yesterday? I live in downtown Forestville...

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Chauncey Gardner

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cw707: View Post
    Does anyone know why there were so many problems with people being at the wrong voting places yesterday?...
    I voted in Guerneville. They moved the voting to the fire hall when it used to be the vets building. On my mailer it said on the back that 'my voting place may have moved look below for the address'. No address. My buddy found it and txted me and others. I went home scratching my head two years ago as I could not find the voting place. When I mentioned it at the voting place the lady sitting there taking names glared at me as if I had spilled her pot of beans. The other ladies where as helpful as they could be giving me a number to call to complain or inquire I will never know as the number rings and then hangs up immediately. . .
    Last edited by Barry; 03-05-2020 at 02:19 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    patnicholson
    Supporting Member

The registrar of voters in Santa Rosa is who you want to talk to.

they are not good w/ the phone.

you can try to email, there should be an address and phone # on the website, or see what Google gives you.

you could probably find someone else from the admin. Center who will talk to you.

they answer the phone at the board of supervisors, tell them what you'd like.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Chauncey Gardner: View Post
    ... The other ladies where as helpful as they could be giving me a number to call to complain or inquire I will never know as the number rings and then hangs up immediately. . .
    Last edited by Barry; 03-06-2020 at 11:34 AM.

8. TopTop #5
    meherc
    Supporting member

I have 2 members of my household who vote by mail. Both received the voter booklet. Neither got a ballot. I wonder how often this happens and the votes never get cast.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-16-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    Marilyn Meshak Herczog, EA

9. TopTop #6
    patnicholson
    Supporting Member

Hello,

the minute you knew there was a problem, you and your housemates needed to take action. The registrar of voters did not do their jobs which was to allow you to vote by mail.

I found the office to be telephone-challenged .

would be best to go see them, ask to see who's in-charge, and inform them of the problem. This needs to happen before the next election

of course you can email them and call them names, as well.

good luck, pat

Quote Posted in reply to the post by meherc: View Post
    I have 2 members of my household who vote by mail. Both received the voter booklet. Neither got a ballot. I wonder how often this happens and the votes never get cast.

10. Gratitude expressed by: