Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    Mayacaman

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #32
    cyberanvil

Re: Breaking News: Coronavirus Plague Ship From China Docks in New Jersey

What is the purpose of your Flu history lessons? Anyone with a brain knows the situation is serious. I'm not sure Elderberries will help. Frankly, people who are hyper concerned for themselves should consider self quarantine and a bit of Ganja.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-29-2020 at 08:50 AM.

4. TopTop #33
    cyberanvil

More Breaking news -

65 year old woman in Santa Clara County has been hospitalized with Coronavirus. She is the second person in CA with no known history of contact.

I think it's time to get the medical professionals involved to a higher degree. Has anyone checked with Chelsea Clinton? She is now a Professor of Medical Health and Management at Columbia University.
    Money talks and you're walking.

5. TopTop #34
    ray50sfo

BREAKING I figured it out!

Every election year has a disease

SARS ———2004
    AVIAN———2008
    SWINE———2010
    MERS———-2012
    EBOLA———2014
    ZIKA————2016
    EBOLA———2018
    CORONA——2020

Coincidences? NEVER

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #35
    wisewomn

Ray, SARS was primarily active in 2002-03; Avian flu had been around much longer than that in various forms and 2008 wasn't particularly noteworthy; Swine flu was more prevalent in 2009; Mers was first identified in 2012 but wasn't a particularly big deal yet; Ebola was prominent for several years around that time, including both listed; yes, Zika was most prominent in 2016; and yes, Corona has come to prominence in an election year. In short, a mixture of incorrect information and coincidence (every other year isn't exactly an effective sample size). The moral of the story is that conspiracy theories that seem too convenient to be true probably aren't.

8. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

9. TopTop #36
    seedavelee

I see it as important to "check" one's tendency to incline the mind toward conspiracy theories (inner suspicions based on past beliefs). In saying this I don't mean to be dismissive of what is going on "out there" because there are lots of hidden agendas from people (governments, those in power) that indeed need to be questioned. Yet if the mind automatically runs along the lines of suspicion, it will reinforce this in countless ways and not even realize its deeply conditioned tendencies to do this.
    This is a longer way of saying thanks to wisewomn for clarifying something to ray's post about the correlation of disease and election cycles.

10. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

11. TopTop #37
    Mayacaman

Gargle Daily

Name:  Gargle Daily.jpg
Views: 2101
Size:  55.6 KB

Gargle Daily

I would recommend that everyone stock up on Baking Soda (it keeps you alkaline.) Gargle with a teaspoon of the substance in a glass of filtered, warm water. Add a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to the mixture in the morning; in the evening, a teaspoon of Sea salt. Gargle thoroughly for three minutes, standing up. Do this twice a day. Allow a little of the mixture to get into your lungs.

Buy a bottle of Probiotics to replace the intestinal flora you might accidentally nix when the hydrogen peroxide in the solution gets into your intestines... Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide served the people well during the pandemic known as La Grippe Espagnol in 1919.

My grandmother survived that one; told me how every Armory and Auditorium in Brooklyn was filled with stricken folks on army cots – she was eighteen at the time - and how she came to when the fever broke, after three days of delirium, and she always swore by Baking Soda.

Ingest a teaspoon of the stuff in a glass of warm water; it keeps you alkaline. Stay as alkaline as you can possibly be. Viruses, Bacteria, & Cancer cells all thrive in a body that is predominantly acidic.

Hydrogen peroxide zaps bacteria –and- viruses. Use it sparingly, and spend the extra money to get “food grade” hydrogen peroxide; it’s the real thing. Mixed with Dr. Bronner’s liquid Soap (ALL-ONE) Hydrogen peroxide (regular grade) also makes the best solution with which to wash your hands (often & thoroughly) during a Plague Year.

While on the Subject of Hygiene, I wish to add that the very best antiseptic that is =also= non-toxic =and= organic is a home-made compound of 1/3 Borax (20 Mule Team) 1/3 Red -or- White Vinegar & 1/3 Dr. Bronners – or a similar, Organic liquid soap.

Last edited by Mayacaman; 03-29-2020 at 10:45 PM.

12. TopTop #38
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    boy, the last thing I will do is defend the posut, i mean potus, but "plague ship" ?? I can just envision the flea-ridden rats jumping into the harbor and swimming ashore! also, "people in control" might be better phrased "people with responsibility in this area". Feeding panic isn't really in their job description.

and we better all get used to dealing calmly with this kind of event. People have been noting for decades that pandemics are certainly possible, so let's not shoot our 'boy crying wolf' wad until a really nasty one comes.
    TIME Marches On...

Coronavirus: Italy now in complete lockdown

Coronavirus: Deaths jump above 600 in Italy - as country struggles with lockdown

Coronavirus ‘worse than a bomb’ on Italy, says doctor coordinating response

Quote Posted in reply to the post by seedavelee: View Post
    I see it as important to "check" one's tendency to incline the mind toward conspiracy theories (inner suspicions based on past beliefs). In saying this I don't mean to be dismissive of what is going on "out there" because there are lots of hidden agendas from people (governments, those in power) that indeed need to be questioned. Yet if the mind automatically runs along the lines of suspicion, it will reinforce this in countless ways and not even realize its deeply conditioned tendencies to do this...
    Apart from Rush Limbaugh, and Donald, Junior, who claim that the Coroanvirus is a "hoax" that the Democrats are using to "bring Trump down" in an election year, there are only a few ways to spin "conspiracy theories" around the issue.

First, there is the theory that Senator Tom Cotton (said to be Donald Trump’s Choice for the next Director of the C.I.A.) intimated on January 30, that the Coronavirus “may have escaped from a lab...” -Implying that the lab was the Bio-weapons lab in Wuhan, China.

Then, there are “theories” that this particular virus was cooked up in a “Western lab.”

That Israel is behind the Coronavirus…

And, surely, since Russia has undoubtedly been messing in this Situation, a whole lot comes up - with a whole variety & shades of meanings - when you spin the words “Russia , behind , Coronavirus” in the Search engines.

Then there are the straight stories, from various sources, that accept the textus recepticus as to where the damned thing originated : Journalist goes undercover at wet markets where the Coronavirus started | 60 Minutes Australia

13. TopTop #39
    cyberanvil

Mark Walter Evans (aka Mayacaman) writes

Apart from Rush Limbaugh, and Donald, Junior, who claim that the Coroanvirus is a "hoax" that the Democrats are using to "bring Trump down" in an election year, there are only a few ways to spin "conspiracy theories" around the issue.

Not sure I'm following your line of reasoning. Are you politicizing the Coroanvirus situation?

14. TopTop #40
    M/M

Thursday, March 12, 2020 by The Equation Blog / Union of Concerned Scientists
    White House Removes Public Health Experts from Coronavirus Discussions

Quote Experts were not just barred from speaking openly about what we knew about the emerging pandemic. Apparently, they weren’t even allowed in the room.

... “It is not normal to classify discussions about a response to a public health crisis,” an unnamed official...

Scientists must be at the table to help slow the spread of coronavirus, and they should be able to share what they know without being subject to political control. I urge all scientists to add their signature to this letter urging the White House to let us hear directly from the experts.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-12-2020 at 02:00 PM.

15. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

16. TopTop #41
    Mayacaman

The Root of the word “Politics” :

Polis

po·lis
    noun
    pl. po′leis·
    in ancient Greece, a city-state
    Origin of polis
    Classical Greek polis: see police
    [also, "politics"]

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post

...Apart from Rush Limbaugh, and Donald, Junior, who claim that the Coroanvirus is a "hoax" that the Democrats are using to "bring Trump down" in an election year, there are only a few ways to spin "conspiracy theories" around the issue...
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
    Not sure I'm following your line of reasoning. Are you politicizing the Coroanvirus situation?

Nope. But everything is “Political” – Everything that happens within the gates of the “Polis” (i.e., the “State”). Thus wars & civil wars, famines & plagues are all “political” – and may be “politicized.”

Actually it is Rush Limbaugh who is “politicizing” the Coronavirus situation, by blaming the Democrats for making an issue of it in order to “hurt Trump.” What a ridiculous load of garbage. Listen to his spiel @ 2:10. Methinks he doth protest too much.

Senator Tom Cotton, ( R ) Arkansas, might be on to something. The novel Coronavirus may have originated in a Bio-weapons lab. The Question then becomes, “Which one?

17. TopTop #42
    cyberanvil

Mark Walter Evans (aka Mayacaman) writes
    Quote ...
    Actually it is Rush Limbaugh who is “politicizing” the Coronavirus situation, by blaming the Democrats for making an issue of it in order to “hurt Trump.” What a ridiculous load of garbage. Listen to his spiel
    @ 2:10
    . Methinks he doth protest
    too much
    I didn't realize that Limbaugh had such power. Imagine that, you use him to legitimize your argument.
    BTW, do you agree that calling the Coronavirus the Wuhan Virus" is racist? Do you agree that Coronavirus in the US is a foreign virus?
    Last edited by Barry; 03-13-2020 at 11:47 AM.

18. TopTop #43
    podfish

BTW, do you agree that calling the Coronavirus the Wuhan Virus" is racist? Do you agree that Coronavirus in the US is a foreign virus?
    hell, I'll jump into that one. Yeah, it's racist. I heard someone from, maybe the CDC, maybe some other international naming organization, go to great lengths about the consequence of a poor choice of names. The "Wuhan Virus", or any name that's not abstract, plays to racist and other discriminatory instincts that all but the most enlightened of us are subject to. And, actually, I don't really know anyone who's so enlightened that they're free of unconscious discrimination. They avoided geography, nationality, even animal connections.
    It's a clear indication of privilege, that most useful modern concept, that such ancillary effects don't seem particularly important to you. Ask a Chinese tourist, or, probably, any random person who might look Chinese to someone, if they are seeing unwarranted attention.

and 'foreign virus' ?? that's taking nativism a bit far.

19. Gratitude expressed by:

20. TopTop #44
    cyberanvil

hell, I'll jump into that one. Yeah, it's racist. ...
    I can only shake my head.
    What has the world come to when a fact is not a fact? I suppose Liz Warren was the epitome of racist labelers. She went on a long rambling tirade of items that were racist. She didn't get to ice cream, but she was close.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-13-2020 at 11:48 AM.

21. TopTop #45
    Mayacaman

cyberanvil wrote:
    Quote "I didn't realize that Limbaugh had such power. Imagine that, you use him to legitimize your argument.

BTW, do you agree that calling the Coronavirus the Wuhan Virus" is racist? Do you agree that Coronavirus in the US is a foreign virus?"
    Rush Limbaugh is a very ignorant man - and Yes, he has a lot of power & influence. You, on the other hand, cyberanvil, have next to no power & influence, yet you - like Rush - are about as thick as they come. How could you ever read into my words the stupid conclusion that I "use him {Limbaugh} to legitimize [my] argument" ?

Don't expect me to answer your response. -Because this is the last time I will converse with you. Yes, I do agree that calling the "Coronavirus" the "Wuhan Virus" is racist. -Because it may very well have originated in Fort Detrick, Maryland. That would make it a "domestic" virus; not a foreign one.

From now on, I'm going to ignore you and your stupid comments. Two thirds of them are extremely vacuous.
    You resemble a little dog, darting around, nipping at one's heels.

22. Gratitude expressed by:

23. TopTop #46
    podfish

I can only shake my head.
    What has the world come to when a fact is not a fact? I suppose Liz Warren was the epitome of racist labelers. She went on a long rambling tirade of items that were racist. She didn't get to ice cream, but she was close.
    the 'fact' that the real-world implications of such a narrow definition of "racist" either completely escape you or seem totally irrelevant is extremely depressing. I have had enough experience with petty discrimination to know how unpleasant it is, and since my 'type' is pretty standard in the areas I travel, I know I'm not getting anywhere near the impact of it that people who aren't dominant-cultural-normative have to put up with all the damn time. I find it unimaginable that people are cavalier about it and so willing to be dismissive of an experience that huge numbers of people tell us they live with. I'm totally unwilling to tell them they don't get to feel that way.

Seriously, just because it doesn't bother you, either because you're culturally normative or because you're just a thick-skinned SOB, doesn't mean it's ethical or empathetic to deny its existence.

in this case: Calling it the Wuhan Virus reinforces your fellow citizens' well-demonstrated ability to fear and dehumanize people of Chinese appearance. It's a "fact", since you seem so interested in that concept. So, you don't think that's worth a little attention? You think that it's just fine to contribute to that because, dammit, people shouldn't have that response, so I won't concern myself that they do?

24. TopTop #47
    cyberanvil

Mark Walter Evans (aka Mayacaman) signs off with the following ----
    Quote ...From now on, I'm going to ignore you and your stupid comments. Two thirds of them are extremely vacuous. You resemble a little dog, darting around, nipping at one's heels.
    I'll miss your entertaining posts. So full of history and other amusing tidbits of mostly irrelevant information. You were a true fountain of conspiracies. You'll be missed.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-13-2020 at 11:49 AM.

25. TopTop #48
    cyberanvil

...in this case: Calling it the Wuhan Virus reinforces your fellow citizens' well-demonstrated ability to fear and dehumanize people of Chinese appearance. It's a "fact", since you seem so interested in that concept. ...
    "citizens' well-demonstrated ability to fear and dehumanize people of Chinese appearance." Yikes!! Such a baseless assertion. This is the 21st century. We're not building railroads anymore. Is this part of the victimization mantra of the Democrats?
    The Chinese have started to politicize a theory that the coronavirus is an American produced weapon. Should we be complaining that such a label (American Virus) is racist?
    I completely reject your modus operandi, but if it brings comfort and a positive social justice rating, then go with it.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-13-2020 at 11:51 AM.

26. TopTop #49
    podfish

"citizens' well-demonstrated ability to fear and dehumanize people of Chinese appearance." Yikes!! Such a baseless assertion. This is the 21st century.
    no kidding. so for you, it takes virtual slavery to count as prejudice. I have no idea how you could have been so insulated from people to call that baseless. There are probably more women in your world than there are Chinese; ask them if they've ever experienced discrimination. But they can vote, and have shoes and childcare, so all's good now?

27. TopTop #50
    cyberanvil

no kidding. so for you, it takes virtual slavery to count as prejudice. I have no idea how you could have been so insulated from people to call that baseless. There are probably more women in your world than there are Chinese; ask them if they've ever experienced discrimination. But they can vote, and have shoes and childcare, so all's good now?
    You're putting words in my mouth and making baseless claims as to my philosophy. Now I know many believe that we're all victims of the rotten, xenophobic, racist US of A. I know that victimhood is a favorite talking point of the Left. But don't paint me as bad for disagreeing with you on your viewpoint.
    To get worked up about an accurate label seems ludicrous.
    Chinese Virus
    Wuhan Virus
    Foreign Virus (this is the latest dinger from the Left) It seems so innocuous, but it's too much for some.

28. TopTop #51
    Mayacaman

Re: Breaking News: Coronavirus Plague Ship Docks in New Jersey

The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus a pandemic this week as many countries expanded travel restrictions, shut down schools and universities and clamped down on large public gatherings in a bid to contain the virus.

Speaking on Wednesday, WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that in the past two weeks the number of cases outside China had increased 13-fold, and expressed deep concern about the spread of the virus. He also raised concerns about “alarming levels of inaction”.

Eric Feigl-Ding, an Epidemiologist at the Harvard Chan School of Public Health told UpFront that he ranks the global collective effort to contain coronavirus at B minus, C plus.

“I think testing in Korea is absolutely gold standard. But testing in the United States is absolutely abysmal,” Feigl-Ding said.

When asked whether some world leaders potentially have blood on their hands for failing to take action to contain the virus Feigl-Ding said “I think so”.

As of March 8, South Korea had 3,500 tests per million people, the UK had 350 tests per million. In the U.S, according to figures from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, there had been just 5 tests per million. Feigl-Ding said the lack of testing in the U.S. in particular was a serious problem.

“You need the testing to do contact tracing, who were they in contact to, locking down, isolation, and that's why without that testing and the investigative team footwork, you cannot contain this epidemic,” Feigl-Ding said.

Feigl-Ding believes containment is key, and that people should keep to any quarantines that have been imposed, avoid public spaces and practice social distancing.

“Unfortunately, I think in certain ways, you have to do extreme social distancing...like all the sports games, public venues. But the draconianness [sic] of China, I don't know, because they have the Wuhan lockdown, but they also have residential lockdown for 750 million,” Feigl-Ding said.

In this week’s Special Interview, Epidemiologist Eric Feigl-Ding lays out what measure he thinks need to be put in place to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

29. Gratitude expressed by:

M/M
  30. TopTop #52
    M/M

Speaking on Wednesday, WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that in the past two weeks the number of cases outside China had increased 13-fold, and expressed deep concern about the spread of the virus. He also raised concerns about “alarming levels of inaction”.

Eric Feigl-Ding, an Epidemiologist at the Harvard Chan School of Public Health told UpFront that he ranks the global collective effort to contain coronavirus at B minus, C plus.

“I think testing in Korea is absolutely gold standard. But testing in the United States is absolutely abysmal,” Feigl-Ding said.
    (Al Jazeera English)
    It does seem that the medical community is also split on best way to handle C-virus outbreak. In line w/above-mentioned are the following:
    Journal of AMA: Response to COVID-19 in Taiwan https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2762689

Don’t “Flatten the Curve”, stop it! (also goes into statistics re: US' health system capability etcetera)

https://medium.com/@joschabach/flattening-the-curve-is-a-deadly-delusion-eea324fe9727

Compare w/
    NOTES taken at UCSF symposium on covid-19 from March 10th (Boris and DT may have taken cues from similar 'experts'): https://www.dailykos.com/story/2020/...19-Panel-Notes

31. Gratitude expressed by:

32. TopTop #53
    Mayacaman

As New York City becomes the epicenter of Covid-19 infections in the United States, a Doctor has allowed a Reporter & Camera person into a Ward of infected Covid-19 Patients in Queens:Meanwhile, the Streets of San Francisco are eerilly silent - and empty...

Last edited by Barry; 03-29-2020 at 01:07 PM.

33. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

34. TopTop #54
    M/M

As New York City becomes the epicenter of Covid-19 infections in the United States, a Doctor has allowed a Reporter & Camera person into a Ward of infected Covid-19 Patients in Queens:

Very moving... Glad the disparity - or the realities in our health care system - is being revealed.

35. Gratitude expressed by:

36. TopTop #55
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by M/M: View Post
    Very moving... Glad the disparity - or the realities in our health care system - is being revealed.
    This certainly isn't the picture that Gov. Cuomo is painting. The Governor stated that although the future may produce shortages, at the present time there are no shortages. 4000 CPAP machines in a NYC warehouse. Is the Governor lying?
    In this time of trial do we really need doom and gloom threads?

Thanks Mark.

37. TopTop #56

This is a beautiful and very sad trip through SF. I was last there about a month ago and the difference is shocking.

38. Gratitude expressed by:

39. TopTop #57
    Moon

Why would someone sleep on cold, hard pavement? Surely the cops aren't still wasting tax money harassing people off of grassy spots?--surely? Things I distribute to homeless people: cleaned, dried plastic tablecloths for awnings or groundsheets; large sheets of corrugated cardboard where pavement is the only place to sleep; canned food and can openers; small, well-scrubbed bottles of hydrogen peroxide; Assurance Wireless ("Obamaphone") applications; and, to women unaccompanied by a man or a large dog, small balloons filled with cayenne water, with the necks rubber-banded (so the liquid squirts out)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lilith Rogers: View Post
    This is a beautiful and very sad trip through SF. I was last there about a month ago and the difference is shocking.

40. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

41. TopTop #58
    Mayacaman

Meanwhile, In China...

Coronavirus: Shocking 'Leaked'
    Videos From Wuhan

(India Ahead News, February 9, 2020)

In China, 21 Million Dead Mobile Phone
    Numbers May Indicate a Holocaust

21 million fewer cellphone accounts in China may
    suggest high CCP virus death toll | China in Focus

Urns in Wuhan far exceed official CCP virus
    death toll; riot breaks out in virus-hit Hubei

Gravitas: Wuhan CoronaVirus | Pictures that China
    doesn't want you to see | World News|Corona Update

Stranger than fiction news - feed

"April 2020, News , China , coronavirus"
    ( MSM Web Search )

Last edited by Mayacaman; 04-04-2020 at 09:10 PM.