Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Does it take 22 Democrats to change a light bulb?

Hey Everybody,

I don't understand why there's not a lot of noise around Bernie Sanders. I think it's pretty clear that if we don't gather a huge momentum behind one candidate we will end up with Biden. That appears to be the game plan and all this waiting around and indecisiveness, in my opinion, is playing right into their hands. Remember if no one gets 50% on the first ballot at the convention the super delegates kick in. I don't think it's a coincidence that we have 22 candidates.

One might suggest that Bernie Sanders is not their choice or not the right choice. That's fair. If you don't want Single-Payer Health Care, the Green New Deal, Tuition Free College, Reduced Military Spending, in short, if you're not interested in bringing the bottom up then I guess Sanders is not the right choice. But I will say this, he is the only person in the ring that has a long history of fighting for environmental and economic justice. He is the reason these issues are being given serious consideration and media attention.

We have no time to waste. The Democratic Party Establishment is actively working very hard and turning up the heat to stop this movement. If you're not sure about that just look at the DCCC's new rules. It's an anti-democratic effort to stop potential new leaders like AOC from running against party line incumbents. The DNC is currently engaged in private meetings trying to figure out how to stop Sanders. By the way, Buttigieg is a part of those gatherings along with Schumer, Pelosi and McAuliffie. The Democratic Party Establishment is not afraid that Sanders will lose against Trump, they are scared to death that he will win.

If we are truly ready for Our Revolution, why not support the guy who wrote the book.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-05-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    RicoBoccia

Re: Does it take 22 Democrats to change a light bulb?

Once again, Rustie has the important insight. The Dem Old Guard -- Obama, the Clintons, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, and all the largely faceless political operatives who run the machinery -- would rather Trump get reelected than have Bernie win and threaten their power and their portions of the money flow. Even MSNBC has been showing phony polls -- either only polling people over 49 or only those with landlines or only in very small numbers, potential voters selected precisely so Biden will come out on top -- or simply lying outright about poll results. (Evidence of these lies is readily visible via a casual scan of Twitter.) In 2016, the California primary was late enough in the year that it was reasonable to think that it wouldn't matter. Next year it's March 3rd, so it may matter quite a bit. Like many people, I held my nose and registered as a Democrat because #Bernie2020. You might want to do the same.

Quote Rustie wrote: View Post
    Hey Everybody,
    I don't understand why there's not a lot of noise around Bernie Sanders. ... The DNC is currently engaged in private meetings trying to figure out how to stop Sanders. By the way, Buttigieg is a part of those gatherings along with Schumer, Pelosi and McAuliffie. The Democratic Party Establishment is not afraid that Sanders will lose against Trump, they are scared to death that he will win. / If we are truly ready for Our Revolution, why not support the guy who wrote the book.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: