Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sb7exploreVastness

How to help when there is so much need?

Hi Community members!
    I am humbly asking for your support for a mother and daughter (ages 50’s and 80’s) who are in need of some furniture. After the floods, this woman / mother in her 80’s was left with not much other then her fiery spirit. She was living in Guerneville and lost everything including her transportation. Her daughter is doing her best to survive with many stressors.

I am able to do what I can in the field of social services / community health with limited funding. Fortunately, there are many social service agencies willing and able to help yet there are barriers; resources are currently limited given the immense need.

Fortunately, this mother and daughter are living in SR in a small apartment; they have a roof over their head and are accessing resources for food. YEAH!!!

What would be immensely helpful is furniture. The extent of their furniture is a bed and a rug that this elder found in a dumpster. They are very low income, surviving on HUD and social security. They are not in a position to be gainfully employed to supplement their income in any way.

I know there are many people in need and anything you are able to do is appreciated!

Do you have any simple, light weight and functional chairs, a table, dresser, shelves or any other furniture that you are willing to part with? Do you have a truck and would be willing to assist me with delivering furniture to their apartment in SR?

I would be so ever grateful for any support you can provide in this situation.

Thank you!
    Susan
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    qidancing

Re: How to help when there is so much need?

Thank you for taking such good care of members of our community who are struggling.

I would suggest looking on NextDoor in Santa Rosa for free furniture and posting this same request there.
    There often are free items. There is also a very helpful and generous community of neighbors there who
    would probably donate.

Might also be good to sign up your mom and daughter on Next Door so if they had requests or needs in the future they might find help and community there. A disabled elder woman recently posted asking for people to go for slow walks with her and she got a number of replies.
    Hope this is helpful

3. TopTop #3
    Shandi

Re: How to help when there is so much need?

Resources include https://BuyNothingProject.org in their neighborhood, and of course, Freecycle. https://trashnothing.com/
    Last edited by Barry; 04-12-2019 at 10:22 AM.