Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

For Everyone who feels unidentified emotional pain or trauma from an unknown source.....

Here is the review I just posted on Amazon re: The Wound That Won't Heal ​The Reality of Trauma

I found out about this book on a local Sonoma County bulletin board, when the author, Jo Spencer, posted an invitation to look at "My Books". My curiosity led me to look at her list of books, and this was the one that I resonated with. I've noticed that almost everyone I'm close to, is wounded at some deep level. They've shared some personal history with me, as I have with them, but nothing about their birth or infant baby experiences. Most of us have forgotten or buried those in the subconscious, whether positive or negative.

But we do know that who we are has been affected by many factors, even before birth, and especially as vulnerable, dependent infants who able to see, hear, feel, smell and absorb what's present in our immediate environment.

I believe that most or many babies aren't planned, but come as a consequence of no planning. We may plan to buy a car or a house, but not a human being who will be dependent on us for 18+ years. So, babies are born to parents who are in extreme poverty, alcoholics, mentally ill, drug addicts and those who have wounds that won't heal such as PSTD.

This is a touching memoir is of such a birth, and the trauma that penetrated this little being, until the present day, even though she's been able to trace it back, and has done the "hard work".

I highly recommend that anyone who resonates with my headline title, read this powerful little book. It can change your life. I also recommend this for anyone doing grief therapy, whether you're the client or the therapist. This book is a gift for the lost spirit who's suffering from any addictions/dysfunctions, and may have lost all hope of healing.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: