Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Hot Compost

Pic of Controlled Burn for Member

Hi - - - - - Sorry about the unusual formatting. - - - - - Barry is making my posts un-readable by eliminating paragraph and line break punctuation. - - - - - This is a pic (well, 2 pics) for one of our Members who was active in pushing back on the October fires. - - - - - The pic of the fire, that's a photo of a controlled burn starting. - - - - - The 'nature pic', that is a photo of a rat's nest of dry vegetation which is the kind of thing you want to remove. - - - - - When fire burns in the leaves on the ground, that's one thing. - - - - - When the fire crawls up assemblies of sticks and branches, it's a WHOLE NOTHER BEAST !!! - - - - - Then you are looking at a canopy fire, when fire spreads to the tree tops, and adopts the "Wall of Flame" nature that allows you to cook hot dogs from a distance of 50 feet. - - - - - Great if you're having some kind of wierd BarBQ, not so great for nearby residential structures. - - - - - Other members are welcome to quote my post in their thread, to sort out the formatting. - - - - - It's may be relatively simple, you use the "Replace all" feature to replace the 5 '-' characters with a line break, for a start - - - - - I normally write paragraphs with 2 or 3 lines, separated by a line space, as it has been done since the days of the BMUG BBS, in the early 90's. - - - - - In 2018, Barry Chertov, WaccoBB moderator, is interfering with that, for reasons as yet un-explained. - - - - - I am vision impaired, I need my formatting to contribute.
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand  
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email