Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Dog seeks dog and human playmates, all ages & sizes

Winnie the dog seeks dog and human playmates. She is a nearly 5-years-old, 50 pounds, beautiful, maternal Catahoula leopard hound who enjoys playing with dogs and people of all sizes and ages. Your dog(s) must be accompanied by a two-footed, though not necessarily for the entire time. Children are welcome.

We are located off Bloomfield Rd., up from Hardcore Coffee, slightly South of Sebastopol. Or we could come to your place, if it is in or near Sebastopol. Winnie is also available to go for walks or be borrowed for over-nights. Photos of Winnie are available. You can call us at 829-8185 between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.

Feel free to share this information with other dog lovers, whether they currently have dogs or not. I also want to recommend a DVD with a protective dog as hero—“Love Finds You in Valentine,” which I rented at the Video Store in Sebastopol. This ranch-based film, which also has horses, is “a tale of love, forgiveness, and new beginnings,” according to Dove.org. Some would consider it “sentimental,” which dogs and some of their owners can be.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    hari

Re: Dog seeks dog and human playmates, all ages & sizes

Shepherd, Is your land fenced yet? Because it wasn't - and Winnie was scaring the neighbors when I was there; I saw it. It would be awful if Winnie and a new friend went out of bounds and got into trouble with one of the neighbors who aren't fond of your dog. I know that you don't want to pay for a fence - so it's just my opinion to let people know that there is that danger. Again, just my opinion that more of the facts are important. Hope Winnie finds a new friend!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    Winnie the dog seeks dog and human playmates. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-15-2017 at 11:53 AM.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

Thanks, Hari, for your concern. My entire farm is not fenced, only part of it. We have never lost a dog in the 4 years that we have been doing this. Since my neighbors now have a friendly dog who often comes over to play with Winnie, that situation has improved. It does not feel like a "danger." Yes, Winnie does want to find new friends, so we invite people to check out our scene for themselves. For dogs who are escape artists given to running away, this would indeed not be good for them.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hari: View Post
    Shepherd, Is your land fenced yet?...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-15-2017 at 11:53 AM.

5. TopTop #4
    Shepherd

Correction: One whole side of my long farm is indeed fenced. 3 dogs are here now playing, with my neighbor's dog coming in and out. They are having lots of fun, with three humans watching them carefully. We are keeping a close eye on them. Arf! Arf!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    Thanks, Hari, for your concern. We are not fenced. We have never lost a dog in the 4 years that we have been doing this. Since my neighbors now have a friendly dog who often comes over to play with Winnie, that situation has improved. It does not feel like a "danger." Yes, Winnie does want to find new friends, so we invite people to check out our scene for themselves. For dogs who are escape artists given to running away, this would indeed not be good for them.