Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    minerva

Need help!! with Hooking up TV and PC , disabled person looking for electronic angel

hoping someone can help me hook my TV and PC up together. I am a bit of luddite and I also don't want wireless so its a little more complex then I am able or my friends were able to do.

I got a new TV and I couldn't even hook up the DVD player correctly movies were all in black and white... so that help too please:)

Would like to do a trade for your time. I am disabled so my trades are bit limited but I can list some things on Ebay for you. I would do all the photos, posting, answering questions, mailing items and you would get all the money minus eBay's fees. I also could do a trade for the cool things I am selling too.

you can also email me with your fees if you aren't interested in a trade, money is very tight but maybe this won't be as expensive as I fear.

thanks so much!!! deverahn
    Last edited by minerva; 12-08-2016 at 11:47 AM. Reason: more info
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    phusion

Re: Need help!! with Hooking up TV and PC , disabled person looking for electronic angel

Hi there!

I have a lengthy career in IT and as someone born in the 80's, I'm more or less familiar with electronics :)

I have a few questions. You mention that you'd like to plug in your TV and PC together, does this mean that you would like to view your PC's desktop on a TV? While this is quite possible and comes somewhat standard on most TVs + computers, you absolutely must have the correct kind of inputs in the back of your PC, the right cable to do the job, as well as the same ports on your TV. In the various instances that I have plugged a TV into a PC, I have used one of two kinds of connectors; VGA (the blue one with a black cable that has pins coming out of it) and HDMI (the flat headed black cable that looks a bit like USB). Do you know what kind of plugs both your computer and TV support? Newer models of TVs almost universally use HDMI, many PCs have the port, but it's not standard.

So, given that information, as well as the understanding that I cannot work for trade, but a fee of $25 seems reasonable to come out and get those things connected, as well as your DVD player.

If you live in a really remote area I may not be able to come, as I rely on public transportation and would prefer to be closer to downtown areas. I hope all is well.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by: