Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: A Note to God
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    theindependenteye

A Note to God

Dear Heavenly Father,

I wonder if by Your Grace You might clarify a confusion in my mind. Last night, watching the news, I heard a candidate giving You thanks and full, heartfelt credit for his victory. I’m sure he has the best of intentions, but I’m wondering if he’s accurate in his assessment. Have You actually offered Your Endorsement to that candidate?

My confusion stems from the various statements he’s made that seem to be at serious odds with comments (often printed in red) attributed to Your Son. I certainly understand that fathers and sons often have serious differences, but given Your Omnipotence, it would seem that if there were substantial disagreements with all those propositions about love, peace, brotherhood, mercy, justice, etcetera, that You wouldn’t have let them print all those Bibles that seem, to my mind, to promote that stuff. So I’d appreciate any clarification on this issue.

I’ve always assumed that You’ve voted pretty much as an Independent, since we seem to go back and forth between the parties. Frankly, I’m hoping You’ll keep an open mind for a while and not put Your Thumb on the scales prematurely. Otherwise, I guess they’re going to have to make major revisions to the Sunday School curriculum, get rid of that stuff about the rich man and the camel, and stick with the carpet-bombing of Sodom and Gomorrah.

So. thanks for Your Time, and hoping to hear—
    The Fool
    (a.k.a. C. Bishop)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: