Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Wine & Water Watch (www.WineWaterWatch.org) reports on 2 direct actions Fri.

PLEASE FORWARD

Wine & Water Watch (www.WineWaterWatch.org) held signs and passed out flyers, focusing on "Save Our Coast" on Friday. We started at noon in Sebastopol at the corner of Main Street and McKinley and from a table in front of Whole Foods. Then we set up a table within the Occidental Farmers Market in the late afternoon and early evening. We circulated a petition, which numerous people signed. Many honked and waved in support in Sebastopol. Our next direct action will be this Sunday at the Sebastopol Farmers market in the Plaza, starting around noon. We will also be handing out flyers at the Progressive Festival with petitions on Sunday, which occurs from noon to 5 p.m. Please consider joining us.

A KPFA, 94.1 FM radio interview was broadcast on the evening news. Though the interview itself took over half an hour, only a couple of minutes were broadcast. They were not necessarily the comments that I would have chosen, but so be it. The second interview was a live interview in the KOWS, 107.3 studio with Laura Morgan and Shepherd Bliss on Laura Goldman's "Laura's Living Room" program. It included well-chosen music, by Kate Wolfe, for example, that celebrates Sonoma County, between our comments. That music and Laura's skills at reaching her audience set a good tone. A reporter from Sonoma West was at both events and plans to cover the story in next week's newspaper, which goes online Wed. eve at www.sonomawest.com and in print Thursday. Please consider writing letters to the editor and thus keeping this story in the press.

My appreciations to my friend and Auntie to my dog, Pam Spears, for taping these two programs, as well as caring for my dog while I am doing WWW things. Stay tuned for further developments.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: