Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

What Market is Whole Foods Biggest Competitior?

I recall reading Sprout's philosophy https://www.sprouts.com/about-us sometime back, and liked what I read. I also remember reading this article, but didn't think to post it until now. Spouts is a distance from West County residents, but if you find yourself on the 101, or in Petaluma for any reason, you might want to check it out.

I also like that they post recall notices on their site, but Whole Foods may do that too. I haven't checked.

The one product I really appreciate buying at $10 lb. when it's on sale (a least twice a month) is wild Sockeye salmon. It's beautiful and flavorful. They have bulk organic coffee at $13 a POUND, and $9 on sale twice a month. They have 50 varieties of coffee.You can buy a high quality dozen cookies from their bakery for $3.29. You won't believe the flavor. They taste like homemade!

I've been given a bouquet of flowers, a sandwich that I forgot to pay for, and, of course, $5 off my bill with the coupon from their mailed flyer. That more than pays for my gas to get there and save on their regular and sale items.

Sprouts Outpaces Whole Foods With Cheaper Organic Fare

by Leslie Patton

August 20, 2014 — 1:22 PM PDT

The 44-year-old stay-at-home mom, who typically shops at Aldi and Price Chopper, has never seriously considered shopping at Whole Foods because of its “Whole Paycheck” reputation. Instead, she has discovered somewhere she can buy organic or natural food without breaking her budget: Sprouts Farmers Market.

“Price is the first priority, and then quality,” Xie said at the Sprouts in Overland Park, Kansas, where she now shops about once a week. “I like the vegetables here. It tastes good, and the price is not very high.” Continues here.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-10-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: