Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Drs590011

Drones seen in Santa rosa

At 1:45 a drone like air craft was sited flying over Montgomery village in Santa rosa. It followed A route very similar to the path used by the Sonoma county sheriffs helicopter. Keep an eye out for flying wing shaped aircraft.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    420ibs

Re: Drones seen in Santa rosa

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Drs590011: View Post
    At 1:45 a drone like air craft was sited flying over Montgomery village in Santa rosa...
    I saw what must be the same wing shaped aircraft (drone) yesterday 11-9-2015 @3:00pm flying straight south (as far as I could see it)directly over village elementary school playground. Any idea of who controls it? Looked like it had markings maybe cdf but I couldn't see letters. I think I remember it was silver with a little red

3. TopTop #3
    brian32768

Re: Drones seen in Santa rosa

My first guess would be toy RC plane. They are fun, not too expensive and completely legal as long as you follow a few simple rules. The field behind a school is a good place to play with a toy plane.

Electric planes are nice because they make almost no noise and no stink. They range in size from small enough to fit in your pocket and fly around your living room up to 1/4 scale.

The shape could be anything from biplane to WWII bomber to fighter jet to flying wing to flying saucer... anything really. The markings could be anything the owner chooses to paint on it.

Next time, go to the school and look for the person with a remote control looking up at the plane and go talk. You might get hooked!