Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    bushin

tai chi for "older people"

Is there a group of "older people" in Sebastopol doing Tai Chi together that I could join? I'm looking for just such a thing. Please let me know, if you are able to. Call 707.321.2481 or email me at [email protected].

thank you.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: tai chi for "older people"

I might also be interested in such a group. Please keep me posted.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bushin: View Post
    Is there a group of "older people" in Sebastopol doing Tai Chi together that I could join? I'm looking for just such a thing. Please let me know, if you are able to. Call 707.321.2481 or email me at [email protected].

thank you.

3. TopTop #3

Try the Sebastopol Area Senior Center. There is a new Tai Chi Class at 11am on Tuesdays. There is a Qi Gong class and usually Tai Chi as well as Yoga.

The website is: www.sebastopolseniorcenter.org, and if lists all our programs in the calendar. We're located at 167 N High Street, across the parking lot from the library. Open M-F, 9-4:30 (closed on Martin Luther King day)
    Last edited by Barry; 01-19-2015 at 12:08 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #4
    phredo

thank you.
    I facilitate a small group/class at the Russian River Senior Center in Guerneville. I realize that's a ways from Sebastopol, but, then, because of the size of the room, there is only room for a few more people, anyway. Presently, about six of us show up Thursdays at 10am to spend an hour doing Eight Pieces of Brocade, 10-form Yang style Tai-Chi, and 24-form Yang style Tai-Chi. There is no fee, but donations to the Senior Center are always welcome. Although I don't have any training to teach Tai-Chi, we make free use of videos of "professionals" and feel that we end up in pretty good form.

Fred Wolters

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    AllorrahBe

When our newly-remodeled Community Building is completed (probably next month) we will be able to have the public attend our classes here at Burbank Heights & Orchards Senior Apartments at Luther Burbank's Experiment Farm! We will surely have Tai Chi, as we have in the past. We may also have some SRJC classes on our campus as well as those who have been involved here previously. Stay tuned for late-breakiing developments!
    Rev. BE

thank you.

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #6
    bushin

Thanks, Phredo in Guernville! I'll keep this in mind.

Vikki